K-Uglies

got your email and payment - thanks, DeanoD

Sheath in progress right now...

after that, back to the Grinder for me!!!

:D

Glamour pic for DeanoD:

K-Ugly-04.jpg

Quick question Dan!

In your professional opinion, how thin could the edge be taken on these knives if I wanted to use one for kitchen duties? I will be the first to admit that I am not familiar with W2. :eek:

Thanks! :thumbup:

You can take W2 down as acute as you would like. It is a wonderfully fine, keen steel.

The downside?

You will need to set aside some time to sharpen these, the first time you reprofile the edge. :D :eek:

:foot:

Hmm... Well, maybe I'll just beat the everloving tar out of it as is and wait on the whole reprofiling thing... :D

make no mistake....it's no D2...:foot:

But it is definitely quite hard...and has enough vanadium in it to make sharpening tolerable...and a total reprofile doable....but not as easy as O1, 5160 or 1095. :D

All 3 are "in the air" (as of 4:30 PM CDT today) :thumbup:

Not sure how Dan managed it, but #2 landed in my mitts today. I really wasn't expecting a thing until early next month!

The knife looks great and feels great. This really was an amazing deal from Koster Knives! :thumbup:

The knife looks great and feels great. This really was an amazing deal from Koster Knives! :thumbup:
I'll have to take the word of my son, who said it was a very cool knife and extremely sharp. I've also had 6 or 7 e-mail offers and two local offers to buy it for double or nearly double what I paid. I think they should just order one, but then remembered Mr. Koster doesn't make them in W2 anymore. I also really like that they are "uglies" whatever that means.;)

I think more makers should do something similar with their "cosmetically flawed" knives, then finish them out like the pimple faced unpopular chick going to the prom!

Back