K5 Kardas in 3V - Pocket Light Sabers!!

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Check it out:

K5Kardas-Skeletonized.jpg

K5Kardas-Skeletonized2.jpg

K5Kardas-Skeletonized3.jpg

These are 5 1/8" long overall. The Blade is 2 1/8"....steel is CPM 3V hardened to 60 HRc. :thumbup:

The flats are "as-forged", everything else is a 400 grit satin finish.

Best part is these are oversize 3/16" steel...(around 0.200" thick) - which puts them in the "nearly indestructable" category. :D

I grind the 7/8" tall blade full flat from top to bottom. The edge thickness is set to around 0.005" thin before sharpening...these are the next best thing to scandi-grind.

Price is $115

Kydex sheath available for $25
Leather available for $35

Payment info here: www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks for looking!!

Dan

Any chance of setting one aside until the Survivor blades ship to save on the wonderful international shipping costs? :D

LOL! :D

I can have another batch of these available by then...:p

:foot:

Top one is SOLD to Brian_T - thanks!!!

Bottom one still available.

Dan

They look awesome. I would order one right now but I already bought 3 knives this month. I'll get one down the line though for sure.

Bottom one sold to timeless_design - thanks!

cybrok - whatever timeless_design wants it to look like! :D :foot: :p

Dan

Must resis-AHHH SCREW IT! Dan mark the other one sold wrap some kydex on her and ship it my way please:D

Murdok - thanks for the love, bro...but timeless_design beat ya to it...:eek:

I have to resist too. I have to wait until I have money to get a Koster EDC set.

2 more years of college...

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know when you make more of them Dan. Timeless, excellent score man!

Hey Dan, can you rig these up with Kydex to be as low a profile belt carry as possible? I'd like to be able to have it as a weak side cross draw, so forward facing handle. I don't know if angled in the waistband, or parallel on the belt, or what. Thoughts? It'd have to be able to live with the waist belt of my pack. In the waistband would have to be made in such a way that it didn't dig into my gut after many miles of backpacking. On the belt would have to be made in such a way that the handle didn't end up sticking way out from the belt. Obviously the knife can't curve around my belt, but you're a magician when it comes to this stuff, so I'm sure you can think of something :)

The only thing I've run into with my Nessmuk (which is my all-time favorite knife, btw) is that sometimes it would be nice to have a short, flat edge. My SAK has one, but it's a pain to have to dig it out of my pocket, use two hands to open it (I don't like the serrations on the OHT), and then put it away. I'd like to whip this little laser out, cut, and put it back before you even noticed it.

Yes - I have done it before. If you do a search on karda in my forum...should find the pics.

Basically, it's an in-the-waistband teklok clipped over your belt or even over the waistband of your pants/shorts/etc. Minimal amount of protrusion.

And I can very easily set up the rivets on the kydex sheath for horizontal carry.

:thumbup:

Dan

Those things are freakin sexy. Good thing they're taken. I don't need to spend more on knives right now.

Yes - I have done it before. If you do a search on karda in my forum...should find the pics.

Basically, it's an in-the-waistband teklok clipped over your belt or even over the waistband of your pants/shorts/etc. Minimal amount of protrusion.

And I can very easily set up the rivets on the kydex sheath for horizontal carry.

:thumbup:

Dan

I can't find it but I'll take your word for it :) I found IWB stuff for the bushcraft, and malice clip stuff for the karda, so I get the idea :)

I think I may have to place an order for one of these beauties. Are you doing any more any time soon?

That Monster belongs to my buddy Tom Krein...I snuck it in the pic...:D :eek: :p...and yes, I got caught...:mad:

:D

:foot:

Noshtero - yes, I just send some thinner versions to Paul Bos for heat-treat. And I might have another thick one kickin' around somewhere...just gotta find it. :eek:

Back