Keepers...

What knife would you never sell? I started thinking about this when I was looking at my handfull of knives. Anything I have bought is fair game to be sold I figure. There are a few that I might sell if I could get what they were worth. But, do you have anything so good you wouldn't part with it? Pics are of course great.

For me it would be a little Gerber lockback my folks gave me when I was very young. I don't use it, its not super, it is just a keepsake. Also, I have my Great Grandads pocket knife. It won't be sold or even used for that matter.

If it doesn't make the grade it doesn't stick around long.

Dad's old case three bladed pocket knife and two 35 year old Buck's. A pathfinder and a three bladed rancher. Everything else has to earn the right to stay.

My Becker BK2. Hate to say it, but all the knives I had when I was a kid, got enveloped by my "moosedom". Yup, I said it. Out of all the knives I own and would never sell, it would be my BK2, just because it is the one knife that I can't do without.

100_1777.jpg

Moose

My BK2 is really the only knife I have that I really value and would never sell.

i INTEND to never sell my machaxes or cincinnati era beckers and probably not the other eras either. a few other things too. they're not WORTH a lot, except to me.

mine mine mine.

Well...I have absolutely no intentions of selling my BK2, awesome tool. But I do have a couple of others that are special to me and will be the last knives I sell unless someone offers me a LOT more than they are worth. One is a limited edition, numbered, H.E.S.T. fixed blade I modded. Yes there are 249 others just like it (except for the mod), and many more pretty much like it, but this one is "mine". The other is a custom made by Andy Roy.

They could all go but this one, and I'd be okay.

HF1.jpg

HF3.jpg

how about $1500

No deal. Money is money. Its not my driving force. I live a very simple life, I don't have a big house, or a nice car. I don't take expensive vacations, I heat my house with a wood burning stove, and I don't rake my yard.

I've had a fortune, and spent it, I've had everything I have every wanted before and gave it up. My driving force is family, friends and good times. That knife has been with me through some pretty cool stuff. I have other BK2's as well, those I would probably sell, but more than likely they will be given away to someone that doesn't know how to use it. Sorry, brother, but that knife will more than likely be buried with me, my girls have their own knives put up, so, no need to leave it to anyone.

:D:thumbup:

Moose

No deal. Money is money. Its not my driving force. I live a very simple life, I don't have a big house, or a nice car. I don't take expensive vacations, I heat my house with a wood burning stove, and I don't rake my yard.

I've had a fortune, and spent it, I've had everything I have every wanted before and gave it up. My driving force is family, friends and good times. That knife has been with me through some pretty cool stuff. I have other BK2's as well, those I would probably sell, but more than likely they will be given away to someone that doesn't know how to use it. Sorry, brother, but that knife will more than likely be buried with me, my girls have their own knives put up, so, no need to leave it to anyone.

Moose

[youtube]jTmXHvGZiSY[/youtube]

I actually do have a few that I would not sell also...

My BK2. Even though I could replace it, It was my first knife I really loved, So I named her Sheila.

If I could get Ethan Becker to sign one of my becker knives, that would make it
priceless and would end up on my wall in my frontroom.

SWEET, just the thought gives me the chills.

My BK7 I got for christmas this year means alot to me already, if I was in a jam there is alot of other gear that would be sold before any of my becker knives....

Moose

Moose, very cool about the material things and family. Crazy how wrapped up people get in gear, life, whatever.

I wish I could duct a wood burning stove into my heating system. Wood is free if I'm willing to cut it. It is pretty warm here and I still burn a cord and a half in the winter.

I've never had a fortune but recently less has certainly been more. My truck is now 11 years old...and I love it. My house is pretty nice, but I wouldn't hesitate to sell it. Time with friends and family is priceless...and limited. My job is really flexible which allows me to do things I like. Also, if someone needs help, I can be there. But...I don't make as much as I'd like. Hopefully that changes though. I did make more than last year!

my junglas and bk-2. super steel, edge holding and chopping abilities, etc. goes out the window if the ergonomics isn't there since i won't use it. those two, aside from a mora, are my most comfortable knives.

My original large Manix and Brute. Thought about trading off the Brute but the fire rekindled. It made me feel safe in regard to personal safety from serious local beasties, wood chopping\shelter making and just plain cutting up food, in the very far north (Lake Athabasca). :thumbup::thumbup:

Back