• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kentucky Pattern Belt Axe and Long Hunter Lightweight Tomahawk For Sale

Just to let anyone know who might be interested....

I have about 10 of these cast heads left, after which there will most likely be no more.

Thank you,
Bob

I'm confused by the price difference between the two - why is the axe almost half the price?

The larger axe is less expensive, because there is less labor involved.

With the tomahawk, I take the axe, which is cast to shape, and modify the shape, re-file the cuts, and re-finish the steel. Same the handle, which I buy, then stain, oil and finish. With the hatchet, I totally modify the shape, cutting the new shape out of the pre-existing handle blank.

To put it another way, I cut the hatchet out of the axe.

Thank you for your interest.
Bob

cover_1024.jpg

Bob... I'm REALLY liking this tomahawk... I've been saving up some $$ to get a Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe as a handy using tool. How do these two 'axes' stack up size-wise to that one?

Not sure I'd want to turn this tomahawk into a hard user like I would a GB SFA.

Well, I am not very familiar with the GB product.

But, my apprentice Marion David Poff knows their product line passably well, he states, and told me that my tomahawk is a good bit smaller than the Small Forest Axe.

My tomahawk is really more of a belt axe, of a very old style, just the minimum axe that they felt was necessary for the longhunter type of person.

Marion informed me that my Tomahawk would be comparably sized to the GB Mini though a bit longer in the handle, and a bit heavier head, I think.

Thank you,
Bob

I have 8 available, after which time, I most likely will not re-cast, which will mean this product will not be available very often, if at all.

Thank you,
Bob

I AM NOT VERY FAMILIAR WITH HOW THIS WORKS AS FAR AS PURCHASING THE TOMAHAWK FROM YOU. MY HUSBAND WOULD VERY MUCH LOVE IT!!!!! MY E-MAIL IS jacweet@yahoo.com. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO. THANKS, JACKIE

Back