Kershaw beat up bad...what to do?

I've got a Kershaw boa that has been through the ringer (not from me). The blade is touching the liner when closed and has lots of blade play unless the pivot screw is locked down all the way and it is very hard to open/close. Should I:

1. take it apart and see if something is obviously wrong inside.
2. send back to kershaw to see if they can help.
3. throw away and get another.
4. other.

Thanks for the help.

I would call Kershaw and be honest with them, that it had "been thru the ringer" and see what they say. The worst they could tell you is that they wont help. I have never dealt with Kershaw's warranty division, but everthing I have heard about them has been good!!

Good luck!!:)

Just send it in for a tune up. If there is an issue they will call you, if any cost out of your pocket. They will not do you wrong.
-Eric

Just send it in for a tune up. If there is an issue they will call you, if any cost out of your pocket. They will not do you wrong.
-Eric

+1 on this. I have never had to send a knife in but I have rebuilt a number of them using this form:
http://www.shuncutlery.com/contactus.php?brand=kershaw
At the "subject" window choose "warranty service" and go from there. They usually reply within a few days and get new parts to you within two weeks tops. If this will not fix it then by all means send it in. Kershaw stands behind their product 100% and will take care of you.

Back