Kershaw Chives

Hiya STR,

I have a black tungsten coated Chive that really needs one of your low riders. Chives are pretty common, so I am guessing you might not need the knife to crank one out? But if so, no prob, I'll send it. I guess I'd want a black anodized look, to go with the handles.

I also have a rainbow chive coming that will need a low rider. Not sure what color would be best... what are the choices?

I know you are pretty busy, but I have a few others that need low riders too, lol. For starters, two Leeks.

If you are booked up, though, I'd be happy just to get the black Chive taken care of. The shiny silver pocket clip looks like doodoo against the black handle, and it sticks outta my pocket like a mile.

Let me know, and I'll fill out the form and, if you need it, I'll send the knife.

Seth

Seth I apologize for missing your thread. Never saw it till just now. Black is a color I cannot get. Unfortunately I do not offer a Chive low rider either. I can however fix you up with the Leeks.

Contacted via email for the rest. Thanks for stopping by.

STR

Sorry for the necro-bump...

I'm surprized I didn't find more requests for these, I've broken and replaced 2 Chive clips trying to modify them to ride lower. :(

Would you reconsider making one?

Its not me so much as the knife that prevents it. If you note the proximity to the end of the handle for the screws its very close. The fold over the 180 is nearly as immediate as any you can work with and you won't get that flush at all with my tools. Its going to off hang and enough to interfere with the blade opening as the thumb stops hit the end of the clip off hanging the folder. Besides this the screw pattern is tight and the only way to access at least one screw would be a pass through hole weakening the already small clip even more. With me it has to be repeatable. If I do one I need to prepare for doing a thousand because that's what it would be so its not one I'd want to add to my list of the more difficult patterns to do for folks. Each knife presents various things to deal with and this one has several of my least favored things to tackle for making it flow as a repeat project you can take on for people. I appreciate your asking and your interest but I'd have to pass again.

STR

Thanks for the response and I understand. If I have any success on my own I'll share my results.

Back