Kershaw Knives News Thread

Since there is no dedicated Kershaw Forum, I thought I would start an INFORMAL thread dedicated to Kershaw current and future events. A place where we Kershaw Knuts can post info related to our favorite knife manufacturer.

I would like to keep this a gripe-free forum and focus on current events and Kershaw knives on the horizon.

I also need to emphasize that the following posts are my/our opinions and not those of Kershaw/KAI USA. Any info in this thread that doesn't come from Thomas W or another Kershaw representative should be considered speculation until confirmation from said reps.

I have wanted a Kershaw Forum for so long, I figure this is the next best thing.

I'll be first: The first JYDs are supposed to be hitting distributers in mid-december. Can't wait to get my GROOVE on! :D

I am also extremely excited to hear what Thomas & the gang have in store for us with the spare ZDP and the S90V.

Thomas, anything coming down the line regarding the ZT knives?

Great idea NYGF. Thank you.

See you at Kershaw's parking lot sale Dec. 1. Begins @ 9AM.

Per Kershaw: "Every year our annual sale is the first weekend after Thanksgiving weekend, making it this year December 1st - 3rd. We will open at 9 o'clock am and it will end at 6 o'clock pm Friday and Saturday, Sunday we will open at the same time but be closing at 4 o'clock pm."

(Thank you kindly Kershawguy for the correct time.)

All the best,

oregon

Hi all, probably the most recent news is that we are in fact close to releasing a hanful of new products.

Our collaberation with RJ Martin, the Groove will be the first to come out, and will be shipping this month. We should be in full production in Dec.

The Kershaw/Tim Galyean JYD's will be released next month. Unlike earlier information, all JYD's will be done in 13C26 steel.

The latest in SpeedSafe, the Ken Onion Need's Work will follow there after (hopefully in Dec. as well).

Those 4 knives will conclude 06, and we will start focusing on early 07 items.

It looks as if we are moving forward with a Ti frame lock, ZDP-189 limited edition(750-1000 pieces) Mini Cylone. Feb 07.

The ZT line does have new items debuting at SHOT in Jan. I'll see about getting an update on those.

That's it for now.

Oh and Coach Knight didn't slap his player last night (sorry, being a member of the Knight Nation, I had to throw that in)

Oregon, I am so jealous! Unfortunately I live two time zones away, or I would be there. But since I am saving up for a PS3, it's probably better that I can't go to the parking lot sale. Let me know what you pick up!

I am really excited about the Groove coming out sooner than the JYDs, as that is the knife I can't wait to have! Thank God only four more knives are coming out before 07! Good work by Kershaw making those four affordable AND awesome!

I have a friend that lives up there in Oregon I may just have to see how close he is to the factory so I can snag some deals too.

I'd also love to see a Kershaw forum. I'd be more than happy to volunteer as one of the moderators there too if need be hint hint..:eek:

STR

How about a picture of whats to come im kind of new to kershaw knives, but ill be getting the Speed Bump in the next week or so. Thanks NYGiantsfan i think this will be a great thread.

Thanks for getting this forum started.:thumbup: I have been waiting for the "JYD" since the Blade show. Hopefully it will be here before Christmas.

Thanks to Jeremy for starting this thread and to constantly contributing to these forums. Thank you Thomas for returning and with great news. You are the main reason why I bought my first Kershaw knife. I could rest assured that Kershaw would take care of me.

Thomas, has the second run of ZDP Leeks shipped? I have had one pre-ordered from Knifeworks.com for 6 weeks now. For $120, it will make a great Christmas gift

Heyyyyy...this is my kinda thread!

I'm already googling info on all the new knives coming out. Nemesis, you wont be disappoint with the Spec Bump. The ergos are excellent and the construction is solid. The stud lock is also solid, and IMHO, brilliant! Hopefully Kershaw's gonna use it more.
BTW, Nice work NYGiantsfan.

Count me in for the Kershaw forum :thumbup:

I am so waiting for the JYD... maybe later in ZDP or Super Gold for '07?

What??? What is this I hear about new ZT's coming out??? Anyone know anything about this? Debuting in Jan at SHOT??? Jan??? That's just way too long! I'm gonna get the 302 for Christmas, but now you're telling me there's more, perhaps even more bada$$ ZT's coming out AFTER Christmas? Should I wait?

Jeremy, thanks for starting this thread up. I was going to see if you fellow Kershaw guys could help me decide something. I have been trying to decide between getting a zt0200 or an Offset. Thomas told me that the Offset would be coming out in Jan. or Feb. with g-10 scales and no black coating, so I'm trying to decide if I should wait on the Offset and go for the zt right now. Hopefully I won't see any of the new zt knives until after I make up my mind. Looks like we have a lot to look forward to.

Psi, we are debuting new ZT in January, not delivering. The new ZT items will be later in 07. No reason to wait.

Great to see Thomas is active again.
The thread should really be a the launching pad for a forum.
thanks and best of luck,
t.

Great idea NYGF. Thank you.

See you at Kershaw's parking lot sale Dec. 1. Begins @ 8AM.

All the best,

oregon

OH MAN, I get all crazy inside when I start thinking about the Kershaw sale, it's the most fun I've ever had spending money !!! Years past it started at 9AM, I may be wrong but I think it is still at 9AM. Good to hear from you Thomas, see you in Dec. NYGF , thanks for the new thread, let's get some guys talking about vintage Kershaw stuff too, I like the new stuff , but I am really a collector of the vintage Kershaw Blades.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dave

Cool! I'm a newly converted Kershaw fan after purchasing an Onion design. I look forward to learning more and checking out new products.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Back