Kitchen knives that are crap

I use fairly good knives, the most used in our kitchen is a blade made from a broken henkles with cocobolo and red diamondwood handle. Our steak knives are not the best but we rarely use them for steaks- I use whatever knife I haave on me and my wife chooses her Arclite as her permanent steak knife- she has even brought it to restaurants for special occasions.

I use fairly good knives, the most used in our kitchen is a blade made from a broken henkles with cocobolo and red diamondwood handle. Our steak knives are not the best but we rarely use them for steaks- I use whatever knife I haave on me and my wife chooses her Arclite as her permanent steak knife- she has even brought it to restaurants for special occasions.

Damn that is hardcore.

Not here. The wife and I use Shuns in the kitchen along with a Messermeister that was a wedding gift. When she used them for the first time she said it was a revelation cutting with a sharp knife compared to the butterknives she used before.

If I were to buy decent quality kitchen knives, they would have to be kept under lock and key, and that would cause too many problems. My wife refuses to take good care of any knife, so I refuse to spend money on good ones.

My steaks seem to taste the same regardless if I use a serrated knife or a plain edge...wonder what I'm doing wrong ??:rolleyes:

My steaks seem to taste the same regardless if I use a serrated knife or a plain edge...wonder what I'm doing wrong ??:rolleyes:

Maybe we're supposed to slice very thin layers of meat and let it slide down the throat. :D You don't want your teeth to damage a good steak, do you? ;)

Yep, crap in the kitchen compared to my EDC. I think my steak knives at work cost $6 for the set at HF. I never use serrated edges except for cutting loaves of bread and my electric fillet knife.

Back