Kizer Ki3471 Laconico Gemini in stock at Knife Center!

Kizer Gemini trumps my Spyder Domino. They're both about the same blade length and price. However, Gemini is full titanium, lighter, shorter handle and most importantly for me much narrower (width when closed).

I had the Domino but never cottoned up to it as I thought I would.

This one ticks off several 'goods' for me;

Size, seems quite handy without getting in it's own way

Flipper, also looks to be a smooth opener

Integral lock with overtravel prevention, that hasn't ever been an issue with me, but if you can put it on, by all means it can't hurt

Blade shape, very utilitarian with the point being slightly lower than center line

Blade grind, love full flat grinds

Blade thin grind, goes hand in hand with the FFG point.

Blade edge...yes, it is uninterrupted ! major point for me!

Blade steel, should be good as well

Handle Ti scales, looks nicely contoured, not just a flat slab of metal

Clip, well the clip could be deep pocket carry but I'm betting someone will be around to come up with a replacement

Clip position...right handed knife, just need the one side, big thumbs up on that, makes the other side so much sleeker looking!

Lanyard hole, always like a knife with a lanyard hole you can use

That about wraps it up...now...how much longer before they get back in stock :) ????

G2

I'm glad you guys are liking the Gemini. I have not yet had the chance to handle the production version. All I have is the pre production prototypes that we worked from.

My Gemini weighs 3.73 ounces.

Handle Ti scales, looks nicely contoured, not just a flat slab of metal

A matte finish on the handle and everything is rounded with no hot spots anywhere. Very comfortable to hold.

I'm glad you guys are liking the Gemini. I have not yet had the chance to handle the production version. All I have is the pre production prototypes that we worked from.

Hey Ray !!! Shame that they didn't send you one

Edited to say I guess I'll need to hold off a while and get one later on, sure looks great though!
G2

Last edited:

What I like in the production version is they loose the cut-out for the frame lock on the presentation side.
The knife looks a lot better that way, just as I also like it on the spyderco gayle bradley. :thumbup:
I hope they won't change a thing now the first run is sold out.

I've ordered it from retailers in Europe and would feel disappointed if they make some changes in the next run

I'm so glad they decided not to make the clip reversible. Looks nice and clean now. I might have to pick one up.

Stock less one ;)
G2

Mine is set for Saturday delivery. I'm really eager to handle this knife, it might kick something out of my EDC rotation!

My Gemini came in today and it is fantastic. Ray's design really comes through and they executed it very very well. This is my first Kizer and I'd say the quality is up there with Taichung Spydercos, which I consider to be the best full production knives available. This is definitely a keeper.

8D06yS2.jpg

C9DPLhq.jpg

In stock at GP Knives.

Very short lived ;) seems they are out of stock all over right now, KC has them listed now as a Pre-Order and GP shows out of stock.

G2

Mine just arrived in the mail and I'm loving everything about this knife except for one thing...

image.jpg

There's enough thread locker that the pivot just spins on both ends instead of tightening or loosening and there's no torx slot on the lock side to hold it. I'll try to google up a solution.

I wish there was an option for opening with a thumb stud or hole.

Mine just arrived in the mail and I'm loving everything about this knife except for one thing...

image.jpg

There's enough thread locker that the pivot just spins on both ends instead of tightening or loosening and there's no torx slot on the lock side to hold it. I'll try to google up a solution.

Boil some water and submerge the pivot for like 30 seconds, the heat should break just about any thread locker.

Mine arrived safely from KC yesterday, while she was very sharp, I felt it was just a tad thick at the edge bevel shoulders on this one, my meager means of measuring told me it was about .030" at the shoulders. I was fixed to send her back, but I see everybody is out of stock to try a different one ;) impressive knife and impressive sales on a hot item like this! So I took the knife to my stones and ground in a lower angle than it arrived with, not sure what it was, nor what I made it to as I free hand sharpen, but I had to do a similar sharpening on my ZT0770cf.

NOW, she be very sharp, cleanly push cutting light receipt paper as well as cutting down through several layers of heavy layers of leather too.

Knife opens super nice too, it's hard not to just sit here flipping it open, very solid lockup as well.

And my initial listing of likes ended up being spot on too, overall, a great folder here.

G2

Boil some water and submerge the pivot for like 30 seconds, the heat should break just about any thread locker.

Thanks for the response. I tried your method as well as the soldering iron method all to no avail. The pivot remains immovable. In my frustration I over torqued the pivot stripping the head, creating a whole new issue. I'm just going to set the knife aside for a while then revisit the issue with a calmer head. Lesson learned I suppose. If there's something wrong, just send it back.

Mine came in today and it's an excellent execution. It's the equal of more expensive ZTs and Spydercos. Probably better than most of my Benchmades. The downside of the success of these collabs is I'm afraid they're going to vaporize the value advantage Kizer has offered.

Back