Recommendation? Knife Clean-up & Refinishing?

Deadman's Point

Basic Member
My everyday carry for more than 15 years, I have a Recon 1 axis lock tanto with serrations that I'd like to get refinished. Any recommendations for who or where to potentially send it? It's seen tens of thousands miles of utility work, I just can't bring myself to replace it and never even thought about refinishing a knife before...

20220404_092917.jpg

My everyday carry for more than 15 years, I have a Recon 1 axis lock tanto with serrations that I'd like to get refinished. Any recommendations for who or where to potentially send it? It's seen tens of thousands miles of utility work, I just can't bring myself to replace it and never even thought about refinishing a knife before...

View attachment 1784276
Great to see a well used Cold Steel ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I ended up sending my LoneStar Hunter & Mackinac Hunter to “The Apostle P” (he has his own utube knife channel) to smoothen out the Triad Lock on both of them. He did a fantastic job. I don’t know if he refinishes knives ( his specialty is sharpening) but he’s a good guy and may be worth looking into.

Refinish? And lose all that character?

Are you looking to recoat the blade? Or just clean everything up?

I think it looks great the way it is. Why destroy all that character with a "face-lift"? 😉

Back