Knife cleaning?

zach2556

Banned
Ok so I have a Buck Stockman 3 blade knife that im using as my carry-on user knife. I use it while fishing and for opening boxes and such or whatever I need to use a knife with, so I was wondering what is the best way to clean a knife? Not rusted knife or anything just for example, we got a new sink today and I was opening it cutting through tape on the box and when I was done the blade had glue from the tape on it, what would be the best way to clean the stuff off? I know I could use soap and water but I'd prefer somthing that isnt going to get the whole knife wet where I have to dry the whole knife off and I can just dry the single blade off after cleaning, I know I'll probably seem stupid for asking a question like this but I just want to know what the best thing to use it?

For any synthetic handle and most natural materials I prefer to use wd-40 or remoil spray. Just hose it down and wipe the residue off. What's left will serve as a lube and rust protectant. Depending on how clean you want the knife to be you can follow it up with a quick toothbrush and dish soap with hot water rinse. Immediately dry and lube making sure to get all the metal bits oiled before they have a chance to rust. Anything REALLY stubborn, goof off/goo gone type cleaners work great.

Goo Gone will clean just about anything off without having to soak the whole knife. I use it all the time.

Back