Knife Drawing

This is a drawing I made a few years back of my brother's knife given to him by his grandfather. I am not sure of the knife's origins, but I thought this might be interesting to some of you. I am planning on doing one of these for my Linger WSK soon. Hope that this is in the correct forum.-Damion
KnifeDrawing.jpg

Thank you checking it out. I have improved quite a bit since this drawing, so I am excited to draw the WSK I got from Roger to see what I can do with it. I will play with some really neat textures for the surface the knife will be sitting on. It will also be very interesting to see how I will replicate the Micarta handle patterns. I love to draw!! lol! -

Very nicely done, you have a real talent.
This is the right place to show your work and I look forward to your posting more.

Thank you Phill! It is nice to have your craft appreciated. I love knives and I love to do artwork of all forms graphic and fine. I am excited to show more and get all the input I can. Thanks again for viewing.-Damion

I used to do a lot of drawing, but I don't use pencil or paper anymore, now I use Photoshop. Here are two virtual knives that I made.

11372561.jpg

12037996.jpg

I also do graphics work for several makers, here's one I did for Darrel Ralph and Ryan Wilson. Darrel sent me a line drawing of the knife and I render it to look like a photo.

56286687.jpg

Those are wonderful!! I love working with graphics programs designing logos and all that good stuff. You did a great job. I will have to post a bit of my photoshop work soon. Thanks for sharing those. Very cool. -Damion

Ok guys...here is one I did in photoshop just today. I can't wait to do a pencil drawing of this knife so I can show it to you all. I appreciate all of your support and will post new pics as soon as I draw the knife.
WSKArtcopy.jpg

Wow! Went from paper and pencil to virual reality in one day! :eek:

Excellent renderings guys. :thumbup:

Phill has some awesome looking work on here. I have played with photoshop for a few years now and love the program. I do not think you would be able to download anything other than a demo, if you could even find that. You can get some beautiful looking metal works in the program among other things. I have a tendency to always revert back to the fine arts, but Graphics are an amazing tool to enhance drawings, pictures, ect. I will post more when I get the time. Again...thank you for all the positive feedback. Any other artists that can post some work??

visionsect,

(with all respect, but) a pic made with Photoshop is “how to use”; your drawing is art. I would like to see more of your drawings.

Horus

Horus said:
visionsect,

(with all respect, but) a pic made with Photoshop is “how to use”; your drawing is art. I would like to see more of your drawings.

Horus

I would have to agree with Horus. Very nice drawing:thumbup: .
I can't draw a stick man, so I appreciate your artwork.
Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more or your work.

Man you guys have some pretty good art--actually, I'm surprised there isn't an official knife art thread. I've played around in fireworks and photshop before but I've never really gotten into it, more of a pencil guy really. Here's one of mine (sorry for the small pic size):

Balisong2-revised2.jpg
Balisong_Color-revised.jpg

My Bali anatomy needs a little more work :rolleyes:

ItchyTasty...very nice! I like to see this kind of work. The addition of the hand is really nice. I just had my students do a series of hand drawings. Maybe on my next drawing I will hold the Knife in my hand and draw both as well.
I have been trained as a graphic artist as well as in studio art. I like both but my favorite by far is the pencils, pens, and paints. I do it all. I have not yet painted a blade, but I do not think that would be too far off in the future. I also do a little pottery. Thats a whole different category though.

Here is mine knife Drawings:

Nona:

lena-001.jpg

Ataman:

lena-002.jpg

Bizon:

lena-003.jpg

Taiga:

lena-004.jpg

Fox II:

lena-005.jpg

Hope you'll like it...