Knife Electrocuted

In work today my partner was working on a lighting circuit (277 volts) he thought was turned off. Never checked to make sure it was off. Put his little pocket knife to the wire and...... check out pictures. Btw partner was not injured.

is this a new way to temper blades? j/k man .. glad he is ok.. I have a screw driver that burnt the tip right off.. skeerd the living shat out of me though.. lol

The manager of the deli my girlfriend works at did this once...
With the Cattaraugus electrician's knife his father carried in WWII :eek:

I did that to a screwdriver, completely destroyed the tip. I also melted a nice hole in my mothers stainless steel kitchen backsplash with the plug from a toaster. Last but not least I burned my hand with 30000V from a Flyback transformer in a CRT power supply (computer monitor).

Gotta love electricity! Maybe you can touch up that blade on the Sharpmaker. :)

I don't see the problem. You just added a nice grip choil to that knife.

Turn it into one of those wild Strider type shroud-cutting cutouts!
Or do it again two more times, and pow! Real big serrations!

A guy I was working with had a Leatherman Super Tool which had a spot like that on the pliers. He was installing a ceiling light for some lady who thought he might need more light :rolleyes:

Ouch! He'll check to make sure it's off next time I suspect>

I've seen file work that looked worse.
Great movies, Slice, always love electric shows.
Reminds me that I want to make a Jacob's Ladder...
and also of why maybe I shouldn't.

Thanks for showing us the pictures. Nice little reminder for us all.

You know, with a little more refinement there he has him a bottle opener for his beers after a long hard day. May as well do it now as it can't hurt anything. I think I'd scribe a tracing of a SAK bottle opener on that puppy and just finish it out and then use it.

My daughter did the same thing with a plastic handled Mora clipper. No damage except to the blade ... and my nerves. :(

that will make you think twice aobut using SS handled or full ss linered knives for electrical work! Actually, I bet you could get a jolt from nested liners too.

Back