• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

Wow...

Their site looks pretty legit for being an off-shore scam site.

Proper English and everything.

I'd have been fooled if I stumbled upon it from a Google search.

Yeah, their grammar skills are pretty impressive for Chinese scammers, but there are some clues in the usage and syntax. This is my favorite: "You release the creature's ferocity with a thumb stud." That's not a thing people say.

Thank you all for posting your bad experiences. I have to admit, I was pretty tempted by a $117 555-1 Griptilian. Then I googled Knifesilo and found this discussion. Thanks again.

I was wandering the web looking for a Spyderco Sprig....glad I took a minute to investigate.

The package came.
I really hope you get the knife you ordered, give it a couple of weeks. If you do get it, check and make sure it is not a copy, I saw a copy of Benchmade 556-1 with logo and everything on it at a much much lower price on Alibaba or some such. Some of the people there have no problem copying everything, box included. I chose to pay a little more and ordered from DLT.
I did not get the knife I ordered instead
knife it was a Burberry scarf.
I really hope you get the knife you ordered, give it a couple of weeks. If you do get it, check and make sure it is not a copy, I saw a copy of Benchmade 556-1 with logo and everything on it at a much much lower price on Alibaba or some such. Some of the people there have no problem copying everything, box included. I chose to pay a little more and ordered from DLT.
The package came, but it was not the knife I ordered. Instead it was a Burberry scarf. If that ain’t some BS, I don’t know what is.

The website is now "404 Not Found". :thumbsup:

They are mostly getting ready to setup another legit-looking business. I have observed a fair uptick in such scam websites, with too-good-too-be-true prices. It is also much easy to buy ad-words from Google, and get your scam site ranked up in the first one or two pages.

The best way to protect yourself is to search for the site name followed by scam, and more likely than not, the search engine will turn up discussions around it. Another option is to do a "whois" lookup -- this tells you the registrar name, and the time when the domain was registered. knifesilo.com is about an year old, and the registrar city is listed as Panama. *BIG RED FLAG.*

As of today two different listings for REC para 3 one for $217 and $346(same model) And a st.nick para 3 for $370. Glad I doubled checked, I was scratching my head on the REC listing. I screenshot them can’t figure out how to post those pictures here.

Thanks, but there was also a way to directly upload to this site, I did it in the past. I usually don’t click links to see a pic

Uploading pictures directly to the site is a perk of having a paid membership, if you had one of those in the past that's probably what you're remembering.

As for the links you posted, it seems you're on mobile so you have to tap on the image and then copy the link it gives you there, it looks like you tried to upload the gallery links instead of the image links (the image links start with 'i.imgur').

Here we go, check out two different prices for rec version and conveniently “in stock”
AD85FC41-2C68-42D4-95E7-B7725490E751.jpeg 9BE951C1-1EF6-4AE5-9E1D-A1FCF03FD090.png 685AD530-8336-4D78-8B24-06CDFFD342D1.jpeg

Ordered from knifesilo.com. The website looks decent. Too many products that should not be available at prices that are too good. I ordered one item. Of course it never arrived. They charged my cc when I placed the order. (EDIT: 2 days after I placed the order.)

Placed the order on knifesilo.com and got a receipt from with no details from xingbill.com. Charge on my cc showed up as bisunhealth.com.

All kinds of wrong about this place.

This site can’t be reached
bisunhealth.com.’s server IP address could not be found.

And at the bottom of the page it says some stuff about Pandora jewelry, like they used that site as a template to make knife silo and didn't change that part of it.

I checked the who.is report and the site was purchased 1/15/19 and expires 1/15/20. That's 6 months the site has been active, your think by now you would hear horror stories of people ordering from there.

Site still open - still has prices too good to be true.

I tried to buy a ZT 630 Emerson off of bladesilo.com. They won’t respond to any of my emails and I received two knives in the mail that appear to be Spyderco counterfeits. I’ve filled a claim with my credit card company.

I ordered a Benchmade Infidel black for $338.95 the took 3 weeks to send me a Benchmade 940 Obsborne green (wrong knife). I emailed them you sent me the wrong knife, Nancy Zao responded offing me to buy the wrong knife they sent me, I said sorry I just want to knife I ordered. Then she wanted me to send the wrong knife to some guy in Texas with me paying the shipping I told her send me a label and I'll send it. She refuses to send be a label after 20 emails back and forth I go through Palpay as a dispute they take 2 months and dismiss the dispute because I wont pay for shipping to send the knife to England now? Long story short my bank did a charge back for $198.95 and Paypal won't refund my $140 balance and I have a Osborne 940 that I didn't order. Don't ever order anything from Knifesilo they are a scam and never pay with paypal they are useless.

Do Not order from Kinfe Silo! They have my home address and phone number listed for their contact info! I've never heard of them. Now, I'm getting 10 calls per day from frustrated people. It sucks...

Back