Recommendation? Knife sharpening service

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place but I am looking for a kitchen knife sharpening service. I don’t mind mailing the knifes in.

In the long run, I suggest you learn to sharpen your own knives. When you add the cost of shipping, it won't take that many sharpenings to break even.
In the mean time, off the top of my head Jason B is known as an excellent sharpener.

You might have better luck in the Maintenance subforum.

I'd also recommend learning how to sharpen. Aside from the cost you won't have the knife while you send it in.

If you don’t freehand sharpen either invest in a ken onion work sharp sharpener, but I prefer the lanky system with the guide rods and just strop.

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place but I am looking for a kitchen knife sharpening service. I don’t mind mailing the knifes in.

Since you asked for a kitchen knife sharpening service rather than a sharpening kit, I would recommend @Jason B. at Traditional Sharpening if you are in the US:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-sharpening-services.1132962/

His rates are very reasonable and he is very good at what he does. I mailed in my expensive Japanese kitchen knives and hobby knives to him in the past few months. And he did a fantastic job on all of them.

He is a very busy man, however, so expect approximately three weeks of lead time (shipping/transit time included).

He also enjoys working with exotic steels. :)

The Apostle P is a dang knife sharpening master!!!! Check him out on YouTube, just search Apostle P knife sharpening !!! I’ve sent him about 12 knives so far. Absolutely incredible job every time and I’ve sent him all kinds of super steels to sharpen on very nice knives!!!!

The Apostle P is a dang knife sharpening master!!!! Check him out on YouTube, just search Apostle P knife sharpening !!! I’ve sent him about 12 knives so far. Absolutely incredible job every time and I’ve sent him all kinds of super steels to sharpen on very nice knives!!!!

Glad you've had a good experience. I wouldn't give that guy the time of day but to each our own.

Why wouldn’t you give him the time of day? Did you have a bad experience?

With his sharpening? No. I'm sure he does a fine job there.

But would I give him money? No.

I think I can confidently say I'm not alone in that. See if you can find him here on BF.

But again, to each their own.

With his sharpening? No. I'm sure he does a fine job there.

But would I give him money? No.

I think I can confidently say I'm not alone in that. See if you can find him here on BF.

But again, to each their own.

Ok, not sure if you’re wanting to be vague on purpose or not but may I ask again why you wouldn’t send him money for sharpening a knife? I truly want to know if I’m missing something. He’s been incredible in every manner with every single transaction I’ve had with him.

Ok, not sure if you’re wanting to be vague on purpose or not but may I ask again why you wouldn’t send him money for sharpening a knife? I truly want to know if I’m missing something. He’s been incredible in every manner with every single transaction I’ve had with him.

I don't care for him as a person.

Sorry, things have been running slow so I've been trying to give concise answers.

I find that individual to be a used car salesman (which he was), has given out what I consider bad information in the past and has allied himself with people that I never would.

It is my personal opinion.

But if you're happy with his services I'm not begrudging you that.

Last edited:
Ok. I’m unaware of the bad information or bad alliances but will try to research. I can’t stand the stereotypical used car salesman and I have an alert that goes off in my brain when I anywhere near one of them(although if you run into a good used car salesman, it’s like you won a small lottery). I haven’t got that “used car salesman” alert with him at all. May I ask who he aligned with that made him an outcast?

Back