Knife Throwing book

e676b7c675fe4c8afd140707ca6080c5.jpg

c00f0fd061d13cb4a0a5588f36b1d64d.jpg

So besides knives, another interest I have is in reading books. Whenever my bookshelf gets full, I know it is time to purge. I take the old books to Half Price Books. This store is nice because every once in a while, you find a true gem that you would not normally find at the other well known book store.
Case in point is this book that I happened to find. It felt like Christmas as I thumbed through the book. The publishing date also caught my eye.
It is funny that I should happen upon this book because I have been interested in trying my hand at throwing knives. I bought some cheap knives that you could find at any truck stop or flea market.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I was pretty excited about it. I will share my thoughts once I get to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is one of the classic books on knife throwing.

If you end up liking knife throwing, you'll want to get some better knives. The really cheap ones, as well as almost all of them made with stainless steel, are brittle (too hard for throwing) and will break quickly.

My personal preference is NOTHING WITH HOLES. Knives with holes break faster when thrown than knives without holes.

IKTHOF, the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame is based in Austin. There are throws scheduled for 2017 include a regional throw in Georgia in February, another regional in New York state sometime later this year, a no-spin competition in Bogata, TX in March, the US Nationals in Las Vegas in April, the World Championships in Canada in June, and then another US throw in Austin in October.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

There is also the Texas Mountain Man Knife and Tomahawk State Championship throw in Huntsville in May. different rules than IKTHOF, but still fun. Also another MM throw in Manor TX the first weekend in December.

ZZ, thanks for that. I will definitely check out the IKTHOF. That meet in Huntsville sounds interesting, I used to live there in the '90s and have been wanting to check it out. This will give me the excuse to.
I appreciate it.

Back