Knifemakers Workshop

JK Knives

I have had requests to have a two day workshop at my shop, so I`m judging interest. I`m going to limit this to 6 people max. Cost would be $150 per person. This workshop would cover all aspects of making your own scandivex ground (like the EO1 series) knife, and would include the following:

1/8" x 3/4" x 8" or 1/8" x 1" x 8" piece of O1 steel

Choice of handle material from the following list:
Tiger maple
Maple burl
Birdseye maple
Rosewood
Curly maple
Oak
Teak
Walnut
Bocote
Zircote
Olivewood
Mesquite
Bloodwood
Black canvas micarta
Tan canvas micarta

Choice of aluminum or brass pins

Lunch, soft drinks, and water each day

What you will need to bring:
Glasses
Dust mask
Proper clothing (no shorts or sandals)
A good attitude
Open mind. I may not make knives like others you have seen, I have my own methods.
A cardboard cutout of your knife pattern
Camera if you want to bring one

We need to set a date. Please choose any of the weekends in May that work for you. If you have more than one free weekend, please post all that are open.

May 7-8
May 14-15
May 21-22
May 28-29

Keep in mind, these could be long days!

Last edited:
Man, I Love this idea!
Now, if I only had the funds and time...

Some people are Definitely going to get one hell of a weekend for a proverbial penny...

I am going to see if I can work something out, but I am not likely to be able to join, fingers crossed.

Best of luck and have fun!

I forgot to mention that everyone can put their own makers stamp on their knife, I've got the whole alphabet!

LT Wright does something similar, if I did not live so far away I'd like to do something like this

Wow, i think thats a great idea john, if it goes well you could advertise and do it more often, nice

Id love to but i think im pretty tied dow unleast until next year

You should add 'camera' to the required kit list so we can all see some pictures (but not of the yoir methods and secrets of course ;p)

Wow, i think thats a great idea john, if it goes well you could advertise and do it more often, nice

Id love to but i think im pretty tied dow unleast until next year

You should add 'camera' to the required kit list so we can all see some pictures (but not of the yoir methods and secrets of course ;p)

Just added camera

Currently I am only open the 7-8. But seeing the 8th is mother's day I better not make knife making plans. Lol.

A friend and I are hoping to come John. He's checking his schedule to see what weekend works.

So far May 14-15 are out for me. I also have an out of state gig that I will have a date confirmed tomorrow for what weekend that is.

Last edited:
The only weekend that I cannot come is the 7th/8th - the others are open.

;^)

best

mqqn

My wife and I would both be in for the 7th/8th or the 21/22 weekend. What an awesome idea! Thanks!

Back