Knifetests.com-whats YOUR opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Dude, judging by the persistence you posted here, looks like Noss has you on full payroll, including medical insurance and other social benefits.

My nose isn't the one stuck up his backside. How much was your annual bonus? :p

alright everyone please, I had no intention of starting a flame war with 800 responses. Let this thread die so we can rest in peace

I'm still awaiting with baited breath the wonderful reviews of the Guyon using the scientific methods the Guyon has devised.

I know that "don't argue" mantra is repeated over and over and over again, but you smug "non-arguers" must realize the internet would have about 1% of its present bandwidth if no one argued on it... :D
duty_calls.png
http://xkcd.com/386/

I'm still awaiting with baited breath the wonderful reviews of the Guyon using the scientific methods the Guyon has devised.

Tell it to someone who cares. Or pretends to. I'm thinking hookers in Dubai here. :D

Tell it to someone who cares. Or pretends to. I'm thinking hookers in Dubai here. :D

Okay.

Hey, the Guyon, I'm still awaiting with baited breath the wonderful reviews of the Guyon using the scientific methods the Guyon has devised.

Last I checked, I'm not a hooker in Dubai. :D

Last I checked, I'm not a hooker in Dubai. :D

That is good news and the world is a better place for it.

Still awaiting with baited breath the wonderful reviews of the Guyon using the scientific methods the Guyon has devised.

what a joke the guys test are crap. a 1/4 inch peice of flat stock could not pass that crap. i do enjoy watching him waste his hard earned money, but his test do not test anything. he does keep me laughing at what he thinks is a service to knife buyers

Still awaiting with baited breath the wonderful reviews of the Guyon using the scientific methods the Guyon has devised.

Sounds like there's an echo in here. Please allow me to test: hooker!

...hooker... hooker... hooker... hooker... hooker (from Dubai)

By George, I do believe there is! :D

Oh, and BTW, it's "bated" breath. From abated--as in holding one's breath.

"Baited" breath would be like putting a cash roll in your mouth to lure in hookers.

Well, some passed, some didn't. Therefore...

The point is that you assume that the same knife models would pass and fail the same way if more nonrepeatable and random knife abuse was inflicted on them, and I know by the obviously random nature of the abuse that your assumption cannot be made with any assurance at all.

Also, it would be easy to rig these videos to give the results you want to - a half inch change in where a knife is clamped, small changes in where the knife is hit by the hammer (or the angle of the swing), or where it is layed on the concrete block would mean the difference between failing and surviving. And there a lot more (and easier to hide from the viewer) ways you could bias the tests.

This is what you have when you get people to think a video review is yielding repeatable test results. The opportunity to bias the tests and profit from it exists with these videos. Maybe I can work on this, and present a way to do some video reviews on an unaffiliated website with a deal in place with a major distributor of knives who wants to show how "tough" and "strong" their knives are. I would not do that (I like to sleep at night), but some people have done a lot worse.

So you're stuck again on your theory that "you have to do a test yourself before you can figure out the difference between actual testing that leads to a valid conclusion and videos of random knife destruction done in a nonrepeatable manner" again? At least come up with an argument that hasn't been shot down in flames already....

......cartoon....

What are you trying to say? That people shouldn't disagree on the internet? Good luck with that crusade.

If even one young ninja that was attracted by nossy's slogans is enlightened to the fact that these videos are for entertainment purposes only, then it is worth the effort. :D

Oh, and BTW, it's "bated" breath. From abated--as in holding one's breath.

"Baited" breath would be like putting a cash roll in your mouth to lure in hookers.

Baited some people who can't do anything for themselves but criticize from the gallery.

Broos: You need a huge paramount of legal immunity for to target any Knive Company in the name of scientific truth!
A wrong word can cost to losing your underwear as you personal freedom too... if you're not careful.

I don't think you have the balls for it;)

So you're stuck again on your theory that "you have to do a test yourself before you can figure out the difference between actual testing that leads to a valid conclusion and videos of random knife destruction done in a nonrepeatable manner" again? At least come up with an argument that hasn't been shot down in flames already....

Where is that quote from?

Shot down in flames? Maybe in someones imagination.

If the conclusions are incorrect, then it should be easy enough to prove; well, assuming you're not stuck up in the gallery merely shouting the same old non-sense about repeatabilty, anyway, and can actually do some tests yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back