Photos Knives And Wheelguns

I know we already have a Knives And Guns thread, and I don't want to detract from that at all, but I have a huge soft spot for wheel guns. So I thought I would try to kick off a wheel gun specific "sub thread".

Let's see if it gets any traction.

I'll start it off with this. three classy revolvers, posing with three classy folders: S&W K frame, Model 17, 6 inch, caliber 22LR, circa 1968; S&W K frame, Model 10, 2 inch snub nose, caliber 38 special, circa 1972; Colt Python, 6 inch, 357 Magnum, circa 2023.

Microtech Socom Bravo, Hinderer XM18 3.5 inch (bronze ti), ZT 0801BW.

XsKdnMK.jpg

can see that it is some kind of Soviet piece, but how about some details?
Sure it's Nagant m1895 chambered in 7.62x38R. 7 shot cylinder, gait loaded with manual cartridge ejector. It is also a gas sealed revolver meaning the cylinder is pushed into a cone when the trigger is pulled so no gas escapes through the cylinder gap. Meaning it could be suppressed. It was designed of course by Lèon Nagant the designer of the mosin nagant. They were heavily used in the Russian revolution and in WW2. They were also used by some more rural police officers until the 1980s and even the postal guards until the late 1990s in Russia, from what I understand anyway. Really cool gun, fun as heck to shoot, relatively cheap but ultimately underpowered and has a roughly 25lb double action pull.

Sure it's Nagant m1895 chambered in 7.62x38R. 7 shot cylinder, gait loaded with manual cartridge ejector. It is also a gas sealed revolver meaning the cylinder is pushed into a cone when the trigger is pulled so no gas escapes through the cylinder gap. Meaning it could be suppressed. It was designed of course by Lèon Nagant the designer of the mosin nagant. They were heavily used in the Russian revolution and in WW2. They were also used by some more rural police officers until the 1980s and even the postal guards until the late 1990s in Russia, from what I understand anyway. Really cool gun, fun as heck to shoot, relatively cheap but ultimately underpowered and has a roughly 25lb double action pull.
I was wondering if that was a Nagant. They were used in WWI as well as WWII. Actually developed for use in WWI if I'm not mistaken.

Can you actually find cartridges for it? The gas seal cartridges are pretty rare from what I understand.

I was wondering if that was a Nagant. They were used in WWI as well as WWII. Actually developed for use in WWI if I'm not mistaken.

Can you actually find cartridges for it? The gas seal cartridges are pretty rare from what I understand.
Prvi partizan actually mass produces new made non corrosive rounds. Pretty easy to get and not super expensive around 30cpr last I checked.

Back