Knives On Order

John, I have a custom order in mind. If I get it in to you in the next couple of days is that something you will still do? (Assuming that you agree to build my design, and I am aware of the 50% down policy.)

Thanks, Sir.

Matt

Sure! I probably did not explain it right in my last post. What it means is that I will take orders, but won`t order materials untill I have enough on hand to order handle materials. It costs the same to ship one set of slabs as it does to ship 10. In other words, I will continue to take orders, but can`t promise a delivery date untill I have enough orders on hand to order handle materials. I usually have a good supply of steel on hand, as well as micarta, but don`t keep much wood on hand, there are just too many options on woods.

Last edited:
Sure! I probably did not explain it right in my last post. What it means is that I will take orders, but won`t order materials untill I have enough on hand to order handle materials. It costs the same to ship one set of slabs as it does to ship 10.

Ah ha! 10-4. I'm working up a design for a little carver/whittling knife...

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it makes much better business sense to conduct your transactions in this way to cut your costs.

Good idea!

best

mqqn

Woohoo,I'm in the red again.
1/16" improved bowie for the kitchen,oh yeah.

Morning John, Could you possibly post a Pic. of my new baby so I can link it to friends???

I will tomorrow. I got a late start today, had to drive Hayley to school. I plan on cleaning up the blade, then cutting out and getting the handles glueing on today.

Cool - I see Taht's has a Galley Wag on deck for November!

I am very anxious to see my version with brass and Snakewood!!

best

mqqn

I`m seeing lots of interest in the thinner blades but I`m starting to get that nervous feeling seeing the order list getting shorter, instead of growing.

Does look like a shorter month order list.

Is that Canadian belt knife EDC a "mini" CBK? I had an idea to do that and then pushed it aside and kept working on my other designs for November, if so I'll be excited to see that one.

Does look like a shorter month order list.

Is that Canadian belt knife EDC a "mini" CBK? I had an idea to do that and then pushed it aside and kept working on my other designs for November, if so I'll be excited to see that one.

Yes it is.

You're whippin' 'em out John.
Looking forward to my first custom design from you.

Back