Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

The boxes were introduced to quickly distinguish our Pro level products. Any model with upgraded steel or build materials get the black magnetic box, this would include BOTM or Stealth and CKS knives.

The boxes are really nice!

Of course, just as I was about to come to grips with being emotionally able to throw boxes away, now I can't because they're too nice!

The boxes were introduced to quickly distinguish our Pro level products. Any model with upgraded steel or build materials get the black magnetic box, this would include BOTM or Stealth and CKS knives.

Thank you for the info. Do you know what exact knife this style of box (magnetic hinged lid / black box) was first used on ? Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc.

Last edited:
Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. There are some auctions on ebay that are obvious fake stealth run magnacut 110. They have brass bolsters, what appear to be crelicam ebony scales, and a really obvious fake tang stamp and the wrong sheath. Three different auctions right now. Is it OK to link them here? You can look them up, too. People are getting taken by these. You should report these as fake to ebay.

There are probably more in the pipeline, the people selling these aren't going to stop. Some have already sold, I see one that had 12 bids and ended at $275, and a couple others that accepted a best offer and I can't see the final price on them.

I see fake Buck and fake Gerber not just on eBay but on Amazon and Walmart websites by 3rd party sellers. Sad.

Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. There are some auctions on ebay that are obvious fake stealth run magnacut 110. They have brass bolsters, what appear to be crelicam ebony scales, and a really obvious fake tang stamp and the wrong sheath. Three different auctions right now. Is it OK to link them here? You can look them up, too. People are getting taken by these. You should report these as fake to ebay.

There are probably more in the pipeline, the people selling these aren't going to stop. Some have already sold, I see one that had 12 bids and ended at $275, and a couple others that accepted a best offer and I can't see the final price on them.
One that's currently still available has relatively square edges on the front bolster, but otherwise it looks like a legitimate Buck 110 and the sheath is definitely not a fake either.
I don't know what the deal is as far as the special run or whatever, but the one I see is definitely a real 110 in my book.

One that's currently still available has relatively square edges on the front bolster, but otherwise it looks like a legitimate Buck 110 and the sheath is definitely not a fake either.
I don't know what the deal is as far as the special run or whatever, but the one I see is definitely a real 110 in my book.

Now I know that there was a run of brass/ebony/magnacut 110s. What threw me off is that some were listed as Honduran rosewood but were obviously ebony.

Any idea who is making the Buck 119 knockoff for Harbor Freight? Has anybody bought one? Here's the link:

no idear who makes it other than some chinese factory, in Guangdong most likely. I got one from a friend. gave him a real Buck 119 and took his clone to see how bad it was. it's junk. guard was loose and started rattling from some cardboard cutting pressure on the blade. tang had play in the handle once used. tolerances were not good. steel was soft and rolled even after sharpening it a few times to get to some "good" steel. just junk even for the low price point.

Gordon at HF also has a $9 8" blade hollow handle survival knife with compass etc... Not a complete Buckmaster 184 clone but close. How do you even make a 8" blade for $9... the answer to that is why no one should buy the $300 Chinese knives with "High specs and good QC". Overpriced AF.

Gordon at HF also has a $9 8" blade hollow handle survival knife with compass etc... Not a complete Buckmaster 184 clone but close. How do you even make a 8" blade for $9... the answer to that is why no one should buy the $300 Chinese knives with "High specs and good QC". Overpriced AF.
they can make them with low grade mystery steel. basically no heat treat. lots of corners cut. no epa or regulations or osha rules. work comp fees, no umbrella insurance costs. low paid labor. no overtime, no medical insurance, no dental, no pensions or 401k matches, no paid vacations. no lawyer iindustry to drive prices higher. and on and on and on. also they do it in mass volumes.

China can make very good and high end stuff. don't be fooled. they can do it all nowadays. like it or not. they have the skills and machines. is what it is. soon they'll be the new japan, but with less debt and not in a constant recession for decades.....😉

Cheap and obvious fake/counterfeit Buck 119 from Amazon
Charged full retail with pictures of a real 119. I reported it to Amazon and was immediately refunded.
Came loose in a bubble wrap sleeve.
Going to attempt t
temp-Image-Ucpw-S7.avif
temp-Image-FUEbu8.avif
temp-Imagedr-EPAQ.avif
temp-Image3-WOpc-E.avif
temp-Imageb3-Xu-DY.avif
o post my first ever pictures here
temp-Imagec-Jti2q.avif

Charged full retail with pictures of a real 119. I reported it to Amazon and was immediately refunded.
Going to attempt t
temp-Image-Ucpw-S7.avif
temp-Image-FUEbu8.avif
temp-Imagedr-EPAQ.avif
temp-Image3-WOpc-E.avif
temp-Imageb3-Xu-DY.avif
temp-Imagec-Jti2q.avif
wow that's bad. a terrible quality fake.

Amazon seller name

Ravel​

At the time I bought it they had several available with pictures of the real thing of course. All listed were pulled after I reported them. The Buck name and model were printed on the base of the blade instead of being stamped in.

Going to attempt t
temp-Image-Ucpw-S7.avif
temp-Image-FUEbu8.avif
temp-Imagedr-EPAQ.avif
temp-Image3-WOpc-E.avif
temp-Imageb3-Xu-DY.avif
temp-Imagec-Jti2q.avif
I have tried my hand at making knives. It is not the easiest thing in the world. I would love to be able to make something that ugly, but I would be extremely upset if I paid actual money for that monstrosity. Glad Amazon refunded your money.

Back