Koster 3V heat treat

Hello everyone. Does anyone know, definitively, the heat treat process for Koster's 3V knives? I heard rumor, on bladeforums, that the treatment may have been sourced out to someone that does a good, professional job, or that it may have been done by Koster himself. Does anyone know, for certain, how Koster has heat treated 3V his blades over the past 5 years?

He claims that he outsources it to Peter's HT but sometimes he also claims that he goes to his friends garage to do the HT himself without notifying customer. The knives that he HT "could be" a suspect for bad HT since he doesn't publish any data regarding it. i could be wrong. I've tried and tried reaching him with no luck. Maybe he can chime in.

Never ever been treated like this before such a shame as the product is good. Still live n learn . PS Dan can i have my money back .

The problem with these high tech steels is that to get the maximum performance careful HT is necessary. A proper oven with electronic controls for time and temperature, for 3V also cryogenic cooling as part of the quench ! No back yard stuff.

Back