krill

The Krill 360 green is not bright enough to read by easily unless you use it as a wand, holding it on the page line by line - but it's not for that, it's for general illumination, which is ok in our GP Medium tents here at Gitmo. You can definitely find enough light to put your boots on for the midnite shift in the wire. One source is either Brigade Quartermaster or the Cav Store, both of which have web sites (I don't remember which.) I got mine at Ft Dix. Its still on the original batteries and is a part of my field carry kit as a tactical light. It runs for days and turns off - I'm free of chem lights and their required packaging (if you take them out of their wrapper they die in a couple of days.)
I will keep looking for an extreme 180 to use as a reading lamp, but I have to admit, the old angle head on d-cells lasts a long time and does well when it's free.

Armedcitizen

I have the 180 degree extreme green Krill. It has enough light to read by, and it helps as the light isn't shining in your face.

On S/R team, we use it on our packs and helmets to keep track of each other on night ops. We have a different color one we tag our victims with so they are quickly identifiable.

We had 4 out of 6 chem lights fail to work recently. All still in the package with the glass vial intact.

They work well. Try the 180 extreme, I think you will like it.

You might try a Petzl Tikka LED headlamp for reading. It works pretty well, and should not be too annoying to your tentmates. Something like 60 hours on 3 AAA's. Very small too.

Back