l am a full time college student now....

Hey guys, I approached Mark about making a 4" bushcrafter a little into July. He came up with the new design and I'm very excited to see that. I was advised that it would be about a month and fully expected it to be at least that. To be quite honest, I'd rather him take his time with the knives and not rush through them. I don't know who here went to college or trade school, but I know from personal experience that in the first week or two or each semester there is a lot to get acclimated to, especially with having a family at home. I talked to Mark last week and he said he was going to be working on sheaths. I don't know how many orders for different knives he had prior to that, but the pic's he's posted up of the bushcrafter sure do look good!

The pics of the 4" Bushcrafter look awesome!:thumbup:

I ordered one with green burlap scales, so I'm very excited to see how it looks. In addition, I've got a "Bug Out Blade" that will be shipped with the Bushcrafter, so I'm really looking forward to getting these blades in the woods for some play time :D

I got an email that my knives are on thier way..I had ordered a 4" bushcrafter the one in another thread with the red liner and burlap along with a little blade I bought from last months surplus. Mine was a prepaid order and I think I was on the top three or so on the list. I will post up when it does get here.

-Mark

Happy to report I got my knives from Mark today..Very fine work. He payed attention to the details on his grinds very sharp and crisp. Sometimes I get blades that you can clearly see mistakes that have been made and a cheap attempt to cover up...Not here. My third blade from Mark all of them are built the same quality and at different times so that can say alot.So it was about five weeks to my door.

-Mark

I got one of my knives I had on order today as well. Its a little FNBK with custom micatra scales. fit and finish is flawless....thanks Mark

Sounds nice ! We need pics ! I can't wait to see the Kydex piggyback sheath for my 9/11 combo (BK9/BK11) that Marks working on !

Mark, I'd appreciate a response to the emails I've sent you - it's been 10 days and no response. I'm hoping you'll see this.

Yea, " going out next week" has turned into almost 4 weeks, NO KNIFE
Very Unprofessional, Wish I did not pay in advance..

Yep, if he's not going to work on the knives when he says he is going to there's no reason to pay up front. I've informed Mark that I'm going to open a dispute with Paypal if I don't get a response in the next couple of days. Not because I'm trying to get leverage but because you have to do so within 45 days of payment for Paypal to get involved - I'm not going to be out $220 indefinitely and he's not returning my emails. I was told I'd have my knife in 7-10 days on 8/4 and every time I get an update it's "I'll be working on your knife this week."

Last edited:
No excuse for the lack of communication.
Even "Full Time College Students" have some spare time to answer emails. LOL...

Working in the shop tonight. Will be working Saturday and Sunday. All paid for orders and deposits are all I am working on.

For the last three weeks we have been house shopping and working with realtors and bankers in our free time (which I have little of). We had to do this to move my elderly father in law out of situation where he was being threatened. We have located rural acreage that will meet most of our housing needs. Closing date will be close to end of the month.

Ordered knives will take priority because I will have to build a shop on the new farm.

I will be sending out emails on Sunday and Monday to advise on shipping. Thanks!

I personally can wait.I,ve paid for my comp.bushie from the 8/5 inventory & have no worries that I'll get it eventually.
I totally understand the lack of comms.,not having a computer and all.
From what the oldtimers here say,Mark is a stand up guy & we will get our knives.
I just ordered a custom from another maker last week & won't get it till next spring,no biggie.
Take your time Mark.

I'm waiting on a knife from another make that won't be delivered for roughly a year and a half to two years - I don't mind to wait either. That said, I didn't pay the full price up front for the other knife and get regular updates on the wait time from that maker. My first knife from said maker was an 8 month wait - I don't think I'm in the wrong to expect roughly the same service for a knife that is paid in full.

Mark I hope all is well now with your f.i.l. and the new place.

Mr. Wholwend. Please contact me. Have tried pm's to you without hearing back from you.

ove

Using his email, I have always received pretty quick responses. Last week he advised he was sanding handles on some of the bushcrafters so hopefully they are coming soon. Would like to use it this upcoming hunting season.

Mark, I know you are busy, got any teaser pics, ha?

Last edited:
Back