Ladybug, Ladybug...

Blades, before I became "halfway decent" at sharpening knives (I'm still not REAL good at it!), I especially hated sharpening small ones like the lady bug. I've sent my first ladybug, which I still have, to the factory at least twice. It was returned to me very sharp on both occasions. Spyderco's warranty and customer service is great!

Chad

Bob, I remember something about that stag knife a few months back, now that you mention it. But, I forgot it was a ladybug. I think Santa Fe could apply the handle desired, but does anyone know how much they charge? I've never dealt with them.

ok, since I brought it up, I sent an email to Santa Fe Stoneworks to find out how much a stag handled Ladybug would cost.

Surprisingly enough, their web site is www.santafestoneworks.com Duh.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Bob Irons (edited 04 July 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Bob Irons (edited 04 July 1999).]

We should've been able to come up with that URL blindfolded! I went there and checked out their portfolio of customized Spydercos. Wow! I think A.G. Russel has carried some of their custom spydies before, as they look familiar. They don't have the ladybug listed, so I emailed them. I also have a 3/4 size Jess Horn in stainless that would look good with some of their artwork on the handle.

Thanks,
Chad

Got my Ladybug today. Thanks for your posts, they helped me make up my mind. Excellent fit and finish. Nice factory edge. I don't know how many times I've overlooked this knife in my search for the ultimate keychain knife.

Now wasn't there an apple that needed slicing...

I've got one but since I bought it in Tokyo, it's plain-edged and says "Seki-Japan" on one side, and "Spyderco" on the other. Is it an old model? Only available in Japan?

Plain edge versions have been available in Japan only. Something to consider bringing to the USA?
sal

Good thing Dad lives in Tokyo... I know what he can bring me when he visits in August! Hey Sal, any other Japan only models out there?

[This message has been edited by copfish (edited 09 July 1999).]

plain edge, sure id buy one, ore two....
be sure you make a few ats-55 with the cf scales, just for me and my formite co-conspirators.

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

Sal,
Plain edged Ladybug. I'd be good for a dozen at least. And I know lots of folks that would go for them as well.
I think Spyderco is missing a good bet (while on Ladybugs), in not advertising these knives more, especially the newer sheepsfoot pattern.
Buck Knives have "missed the boat" several times by not advertising enough. For example, the Master Series. Almost no one other than those knife people on the 'net even knew that they existed. Then they were discontinued for soft sales.
Other than on the 'net I haven't the slightest idea if anyone else knows about the sheepsfoot bladed Ladybug. A real shame considering how useful it is.
Dan

I saw the Ladybug II listed at Skylands but didn't know it was a sheepsfoot until I saw a picture at Chai Cutlery. I like how it looks. Nobody in Anchorage has one that I can look at though.

Didn't know about the master series until I found BladeForums
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by David Williams (edited 10 July 1999).]

Dave,
The regular plastic-handled bug and the plastic-handled LB II have identical handles, but the blade on the LB II sticks out of the handle a bit more in the closed position due to the sheepsfoot design. The serrations on the sheepsfoot blade extend throughout the entire length of the blade; there's no plain edge portion like on the regular bug. The LB II is a neat little knife!

Chad

Sal, I definitely think the plain-edge ladybug would be great to have here in the U.S. Maybe we could talk you into a plain edge Baby Wayne Goddard...that would be HOT!

[This message has been edited by Savman (edited 10 July 1999).]

Savman,

Thanks for the info on LB II. I could only find one picture of it at Chai and it was open.

Sal,

If you're taking votes for a plain edge Lady Bug count me in
smile.gif

Back