Lanyarding equipment...

I see lanyards mentioned in another topic and thought I'd start a thread on just that.

Whenever I have something lanyarded, I attach it to my belt if it goes in my pocket. I make the lanyard long enough so that I can use the object without disconnecting it. Obviously this can get bulky.

Another method I use is to put objects on a LONG line and carry them around my NECK. Hence, they are quickly accessible and I can easily tell if I have it.

Comments/Other ideas!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

Around town I rarely use lanyards. In the field I generally wear a many-pocketed vest. Items that I have on one or more lanyards (whistle, field magnifying glass, compass) are generally secured to my vest rather than around my neck. The advantage for me is that I can take the whole rig off when I am back at my camp or cabin and it is all ready there for the next day.

I'm also a fan of a traveler's vest for small items. About the only thing I lanyard to my neck is a waterproof wallet that holds airline tickets, immigration papers, and passport when overseas, and I have been known to tie that to the travelers vest instead of the neck.

My reason for the vest is everything is in there and with me at all times. I either wear or have it within reach regardless of the climate when I'm in remote locations. It also makes a damn good pillow at night.

- Jeff

------------------
Randall's Adventure & Training
jeff@jungletraining.com

Back