Large knife challenge

I generally have both fields covered on any given day, between my traditional, modern folder, and fixed blade. Occasionally, all three are under 3”. I was going to say that it's very rare for me not to have something under 3"; but I realized that isn't true - I don't carry a traditional at work; so during long stretches I might not have a traditional or fixed blade if I don't HAVE to go out during the day.

The blade of my knife is exactly 3" (it's also kept at a constant temperature), I really don't know which challenge I should take part in.... is it Large or Small? take part in both?....or neither?
Or should I start a "3 inch blade exactly challenge" thread?.... Oh I don't know.... I'm so confused.....ahhhh

Last edited:
So yesterday in the small knife thread. I proclaimed that I'd be in for a large knife challenge. But I was totally spacing the fact that I always have a exoset clipped in my boot and a large folder in the pocket.

Crap.. Now we need a both knife challenge. lol

I'm in, I never use the backup. But I'll write it down if I do.

REAL challenge would be to carry NO knife for a month.....triple dog dare ya.
I'm in. Here I go...
Dammit, I already lost.

l3S5E1F.jpg

5.4" blade of D2.

Day 1: A life of monogamous knife carry is beginning to take it's toll on my psyche. The siren song emanating from the box under the table has never been so strong. I must resist it's call, madness lies within...

You can cheat on it...as long as it's only with other big knives. ;)
I don't have a whole lot of selection in the over 3 inch category. The non rotating thing was my own
parameter.

Funny thing is, I'll carry the same knife for months or years on end by choice. As soon as I try to commit exclusively for some sort of "challenge" is the only time I have an issue.

Back