Latest SAK offer

There's a SAK promotion going on right now at a shop near my place. Victorinox is offering a green-coloured, luminous handle (camper-style) SAK with a mini Maglite and a SAK transparent survival card for about $42.

I was just wondering if the package is worth buying. What do you think, guys?

I stopped liking the Maglites when LED flashlights came out, I have the Mini and don´t use it any more, I don´t really like the survival card either.

I second you Don on those old school mag lites.......dumped in a drawer where they still sit since I bought some Photon lights.
I still take the large mag when I go out camping but thats about it.
You can't beat the brightness and light weight of an L.E.D.......and its battery use is very minimal compared to a traditional flashlight.

Kap :cool:

golok said:
There's a SAK promotion going on right now at a shop near my place. Victorinox is offering a green-coloured, luminous handle (camper-style) SAK with a mini Maglite and a SAK transparent survival card for about $42.

I was just wondering if the package is worth buying. What do you think, guys?

get a SAK Explorer Plus @ http://shop.store.yahoo.com/irawoodinc/ for 28.754 and a Dorcy AAA (LED) from your local Wally-Mart for 5.95$ --> super deal.

I hope I can get my friend from US get me those things above soon. :D

i found a single aaa dorcey brand led light at walmart for 6.00, bought 2.i've only replaced one battery in over 3 months. Not very big but much better than my mag lites. All they would have to do is put led's in place of bulbs.

I take it that's a massive vote for "No". I had a feeling it was going to be thumbs down. :)

I'm no fan of the AAA Maglites, but I do like the AA Maglites. My AA Mag with the Opalec Newbeam LED Module is the best flashlight I have. If the set has a AA Mag, I'd think about it.

Back