Latest Sheath

I've really been trying to improve the quality of my sheaths lately and I think that I'm finally making some headway. My latest is for a Spyderco Mule that I handled and am giving as a gift.

Comments/critiques welcome. I tried to incorporate many of the suggestions that I received after showing my last sheath.

I still have a long way to go but I'm enjoying the journey more and more. :)

CocoboloMule3.jpg

CocoboloMule4.jpg

CocoboloMule5.jpg

Thinking outside the box. That's good! Photos are a little dark to pick up a lot of detail, but from what I could see it looks very good.:thumbup:

Paul

I'd like to see some more detail too....I can see some stitching, but that's about it.......could it be the beer??

I quite like the novelty of this one. That first pic looks like a profile of a dragon head or something. It's really an interesting design and looks well made.

-Stuart

I've finally managed to get some pictures that better show the details.

I used a grooving tool to outline the stamp work on this sheath but I have since purchased a swivel knife. The stitching should have been brought up one more hole to make sure that the sheath body didn't pull away from the welt and my thread will be Barbours 5 cord in the future (I spent quite a bit of time searching the internet for a supplier of barber's thread :eek:). I'm still working on my burnishing ability but a bottle of gum tragacanth recently arrived and I think that may help improve my results. The next sheath I do will be dipped in dye rather than applied with a dauber and I'll be using an oil dye on the edges instead of Edge Kote. I went a little crazy with the flare at the top of this sheath because I thought that molding the neck would deform that flare a bit. It was intended to have similar lines as the sheath in the bottom most picture. I would also like to find a style that still allows me to include the second partial row of stitching that I used to do because I really like how it looks.
MuleSheath1.jpg

MuleSheath2.jpg

MuleSheath3.jpg

MuleSheath4.jpg

ZDPMule25.jpg

Sorry wrong thread.

Guess I liked your sheath so much I posted mine here in error. Sorry

Last edited:
Back