LB7 question

First post in this sub-forum (I’m mostly a Buck 110 carrier — blasphemy here, I know). Back in the early-to-mid 1990s there was an old fashioned hardware store, Wal-Lex Hardware, that sold a variety of knives in the case and in those cardboard displays. I was working on a fishing boat during my summers and I would buy a knife here and there from that store. I had a couple Colonials, Imperial Kamp Kings, some Imperial Ireland pocket knives, and a bunch of Schrade Old Timers and Uncle Henrys, mostly stockman knives or little two blade Jack knives. I always wanted a Buck 110, but they were a little more expensive and I had to go into Boston or to a sporting goods store. I bought an LB7 and one of the Old Timer sawcut delrin barehead versions (I forget the model number). I carried that the most because it had a lanyard hole and I would tie the lanyard to my belt when I was on the boat. I used it fishing and when I worked for a custom cabinet maker. I lost it in the Charles River one day and just never replaced it. I don’t know what happened to the LB7. My mother probably tossed it after I left for college in Florida.

At any rate, in the last few years I’ve acquired a few USA-made LB7s here and there. I’ve been trying to find some info on them, especially the approximate age or each knife.
I read this post:
My understanding is that the serial numbering of the LB7s ended sometime in the 1980s.
Here are mine:
53525750659_a9307a196f_c_d.jpg

The one on the left is the most modern: the tang stamp has the script “Uncle Henry” over “Schrade +” over “LB7 USA”

Second from left is serialized: A25568 or AA25568 — it’s hard to make out of there is a first A because of scratches on the bolster.

Third from left is also serialized: 032353 or Q32353.

The last one I received with those modifications. I replaced the thumb stud with something better than what the previous owner had used. It’s loose, with both side-to-side and vertical play. It is a 4-pin model and it too is serialized: 19796.

I’m not a collector — more of an acquirer — and I use my knives. With that said, though, I like to know some background on my knives. Any information on the date range of the knives, or steel type (if not 440A) you folks can share would be terrific.

Last edited:
Back