Leather

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's my wife's first leatherwork project! It went so well we bought more tools and a 19 square foot piece of leather! She made this sheath for a kitchen paring knife I made a little while back, you can see the Japanese style octagonal handle poking out.

I really like this sheath design, it has great retention (good enough for a necker!) looks clean and has a belt loop. There is a welt in there to stop the threads from being cut, 100% pro all the way! It looks way better than my photos.

029-1.jpg

039.jpg

037.jpg

Man that looks great. I think it is so cool that your wife helps and participates with your knifemaking.
Dan

this is what I like to see. looks like the start of something great, good job Mrs. Fairly!

sweet! my next knife of yours will get a leather outfit :D or the knife after next.. :D cheers!

I'm beginning to think the two of you can craft just about anything. Excellent work!! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, my wife is very happy to hear all the kind words. She ordered even more supplies yesterday and will be really set up soon!

She is a very talented artist and has always made things by hand for a living, until recently we both sold jewelry she made for a living. We also collect stones and cut them, we have always been into making things.

You're very lucky to have a wife you can connect with in a shared creative way.

Kudos for the sheath.

Thanks everyone, my wife is very happy to hear all the kind words. She ordered even more supplies yesterday and will be really set up soon!

She is a very talented artist and has always made things by hand for a living, until recently we both sold jewelry she made for a living. We also collect stones and cut them, we have always been into making things.

she has every reason to be, this is a really nice compact sheath!
but with her background, no wonder it's turned out this nice!
( just don't let her near the knife-making tools, or you'll be out of work soon :D :D )
again, very nice!

Yeah Sveqs, I can't let her around the grinder or I'll be the "other" Fairly knives!

001-3.jpg

Back