Leatherman - Girly-Girl Purple - Need Input

she probably meant equally as good.

yep. That's what I meant. I type all the time at work, and often find that my brain and eyes are saying one thing, but my fingers have a mind of their own and type something that is totally out there. Then I read it later and think, "Huh???????? WTF???"

Sorry.:eek:

my point exactly!!!!! But I want to get a multi-tool for the right reasons and not just because it is Purple. Although purple is a mighty persuader....

If you can sew, why dont you buy a decent tool like the ones people have recommended and make yourself a purty sheath for it?

If you can sew, why dont you buy a decent tool like the ones people have recommended and make yourself a purty sheath for it?

Well.......let's just say that the only thing domestic about me is that I live in a house! Although I do own a brand new sewing machine and I know it's in this house someplace. :D

SAKs come in all different colors, and so do Leathermans. Well, the Juice and squirts do anyways!

Purple is a good reason to get a tool, and especially so if it means you will carry it. No point in getting a shiny stainless one if it means you will leave it home because you don't like it much.

I've gone through a few multitools over the years, but I'm down to two now -- the Juice XE6 and a Swistool Spirit. The Spirit has bigger tools more easily accessed, but the XE6 is still a nice piece of equipment.

You can do just about anything with it, since it has all the basic tools plus scissors, file, and saw. Yes, it does have screwdrivers on the inside of the handle.

The Classic: Pink, purple, translucent pink, translucent amethyst, et., etc. :)

Not quite as useful as the XE6 but it doesn't weigh down a keyring, and it works for fingernail maintenance.

The xe6 is wide but short like 3 and 1/2 inches. Not as heavy as a Wave or other longer multitools. xe6 188 grams , Wave 223 grams.
Heres a review
http://multitool.org/content/view/84/67/

Personally I am a SAK-aholic even though i had a few years flirtation with a SOG Paratool and an old Leatherman Wave.

You can get SAK's with celidor panels in multiple different colours. Also in Alox (metal). There are also lots of aftermarket synthetic and natural replacement panels available.

If you are carrying in your purse (not in a pocket) then the Swiss Champ would be a great allround SAK. It has 99% of the tools on the big multitools with a lot less weight. An even lighter but almost as versatile substitute would be a Victorinox Ranger or Huntsman (or Huntsman lite).
I don't own an xe6 but if i was going to buy a new multitool (and i probably will soon) it would be a choice of either the xe6 or the Victorinox Swisstool CS.
For those who are interested Leathermans website has good animated visuals of all the xe6's various tools.
http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/xe6/default.asp

tholiver, have you looked at the Swisstool Spirit? It has an impressive array of tools and all the larger Swisstools' quality.

I carry a Victorinox Ranger in my gearbag. Great combination of tools, and what it's missing I don't need, except pliers. If my prosthetic foot needs tightening up, fingertips won't do it.

I bought The orange Juice tool for my girlfreind some years ago and she really likes it, she used it alot in school, Takes it hiking and carries it on ems duty.

The one you are looking at is slightly better suted to the outdoors as it has a Saw,

This is not by any means the best ot the leatherman Line but they seem to hold up well in my limited experience with them. They have also gotten good reviews in some camping and backpacking magazines I have read.

Its really hard to go wrong with a leatherman,:D

PS: It Was Secret Solid Deoderant "Strong enough For a Man, Made For a Women"

Judy, as a noob to the forums but not to packing a leatherman. I can tell you they do come in handy and most of the time for jobs you think "what would I have done without this??".. probably half arsed the job or not completed the job at all, not that day at least.

You will love the juice, get used to having it around and use it even gratuitously until you involuntarily whip it out as soon as u see something that requires the tools u have on the unit. I just took delivery of a new charge xti, uni assignments have kept me from totally playing with it, but I love it so far, it replaces an oldskool (7 or 8 year old leatherman).. and a temporary swisstech mini. good luck in the future. the juice line seem to be really nicely built.

I dont like leathermans wire cutters/knives. I do however like the phillips screw drivers, pliers and their other tools though. The wire cutters seem soft and their knives chip, snap and are just crappy. Victorinox is the way to go! I also love my gerber legend 800 and im not a gerber fan at all, but i think they nailed it on that one.

Back