Leatherman MUT - It may be a MUT but it ain't no dog

Bought the pair from a Bladeforums dealer :thumbup:

Leatherman-MUT-1.jpg

Leatherman-MUT-2.jpg

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pictures. I really want to pick one of these up for my range bag. Im hoping the price will drop a bit first.

But why do we need a partially serrated knife when there is a saw blade included? Thats a bit of a disappointment.

waiting for the PX to get them in or clothing sales and I will pick up a Black Utility version.

Forgot to include a photo of the wrench which comes with the MUT. It doesn't attach to the multi-tool but there's room for it in the sheath.

leatherman_mut_wrench.jpg

MUT EOD and some vintage EOD tools and dynamite knives:
leatherman_mut_vintage_eod.jpg

A few photos of the bit retention on the MUT:

Press the bar to unlock the bit:
bitretention1.jpg

Extra bits are housed in the handle. The bits fit snuggly and they are also blocked from falling out.

bitretention-1.jpg

Push the button to the side and you can access the bit:

bitretention2-1.jpg

:thumbup: Oustanding photos supratentorial! Off topic slightly, but what camera did you use to get the pics?

I don't shoot much anymore, but I may have to get one of these because they are so interesting and to add to my small MT collection. :D

Thank you! The photos are from an Epson scanner... less fiddly to get detailed scans than taking macro photos with my digital SLR. Levine's subforum has a post with some great tips for scanning 3D objects: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505982

Photos with a digital SLR do tend to look prettier so I do use a camera sometimes. Scans tend to show more details though. Both have their pluses and minuses. Here's a photo taken with my Canon digital SLR:
workchampxl.jpg

Press the bar to unlock the bit:
Wish I had looked at that closer before I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get the darn thing unlocked. I tend to be tool-challenged.;)

Mine came today.
First Impression: Dang that thing is heavy!

Very impressively thought out design. Lot of useful little things tucked in the there.
It is a tad pricey, but really not that much considering it's size and functionality. Certainly easier to justify the price if you are a shooter, but it's really not a bad general multi-tool. The size, weight, and construction give you the feeling this thing could do some serious work.

The sheath/pouch is also another big plus. One of Leatherman's best IMHO. Several places to put or attach accessory items. Even 3 places to put the wrench.

Only problem so far is the carabiner was missing from mine. Already sent an email to LM asking for a replacement part; be silly to have to return it for that little thing. Will be my first test of their customer support.

Ha! The lock isn't as obvious as on the Wave - easy to miss! Hope the carabiner gets sorted out quickly so you can start enjoying it soon.

Back