Leatherman quality scissors question

austin37

Gold Member
How is the quality of the knifeless rebar scissors?
Which currently made smallest Leatherman has the best quality scissors and pliers for the size?

The Knifeless Rebar has the same scissors that are standard on most of the full-size Leatherman tools like the Wave, Charge, Curl, Blast, etc. They're not terrible, but in my experience they're not as smooth or precise as the scissors on a SAK. The original (pre-2004) Wave's scissors are far superior to the current versions.

As far as current production Leatherman scissors go, I don't think you can get better than the Micra; the tradeoff is that it lacks pliers.

The Knifeless Rebar has the same scissors that are standard on most of the full-size Leatherman tools like the Wave, Charge, Curl, Blast, etc. They're not terrible, but in my experience they're not as smooth or precise as the scissors on a SAK. The original (pre-2004) Wave's scissors are far superior to the current versions.

As far as current production Leatherman scissors go, I don't think you can get better than the Micra; the tradeoff is that it lacks pliers.
Thank you for the prompt reply. So solution, carry a rebar and a SAK Alox, possibly the Alox could fit in the side of the leatherman nylon pouch.

The Surge probably has the best scissors of any Leatherman, but it's big and heavy and obviously out of the question for this topic.

So solution, carry a rebar and a SAK Alox, possibly the Alox could fit in the side of the leatherman nylon pouch.
An Alox Classic SD would be the easiest, but the scissors on that are small even if they are highly capable. The next size up would be an Alox Money Clip. It's only 16mm larger than a Classic SD, but you're getting bigger scissors which have longer arms that are a little more comfortable and easier to use. You aren't going to find scissors on another alox model until you jump all the way up to the 93mm range.

images
If you absolutely need scissors the original Slip n Snip scissors are amazing and still made in the USA. Lighter than an Alox SAK but act like real scissors

Back