Leatherneck Tanto (D2 steel)

Looks like a very strong fixed blade. Not to large and really like Tanto tip. What would be a fair price for it? Thanks

new? I seen them recently around high 50+ bucks low 60s and change.

I have a couple of them. good knife. I like it, not a huge d2 fan, but its a decent steel. downside is secure ex sheath...not a fan of them myself.

I have read 2 reviews stating that the Leatherneck may be Cold Steel’s most under rated knife. Supposed to be strong as hell and rival’s the classic Ka-Bar USMC knife. Supposedly made in South Africa? Not sure if that’s true, but if so, I have never owned a South African made knife. Another reason I’m intrigued.

I have read 2 reviews stating that the Leatherneck may be Cold Steel’s most under rated knife. Supposed to be strong as hell and rival’s the classic Ka-Bar USMC knife. Supposedly made in South Africa? Not sure if that’s true, but if so, I have never owned a South African made knife. Another reason I’m intrigued.
naw Taiwan. says right on the couple I own. its a good strong knife for what it is.

new? I seen them recently around high 50+ bucks low 60s and change.

I have a couple of them. good knife. I like it, not a huge d2 fan, but its a decent steel. downside is secure ex sheath...not a fan of them myself.
Not sure about the Tanto, but the Kabar Fighting/Utility leather sheath fits the SF just fine.

Secure-Ex sucks, but the ‘Neck itself is an awesome blade. Makes you feel like badass covert operator when opening boxes.

I have read 2 reviews stating that the Leatherneck may be Cold Steel’s most under rated knife. Supposed to be strong as hell and rival’s the classic Ka-Bar USMC knife.

It is a heck of a knife. I would take one over Ka-Bar or Ontario any day. The tang is much more substantial and the LK just feels like a much tougher knife. Very solid. Love the steel guard. The grip itself feels durable yet still grippy but the "troughs" take some getting used to. I did not lile the grip at first. For the money it is hard to beat.

I have the clip blade leatherneck great knife for the money super sharp and strong.

I've got the mini-Leatherneck double edged spear point which is a great little knife. I'd to see a full sized version of this model in the future.
I'm totally in for this idea !..............I've had the regular large Leatherneck in D2 for years now. I don't recommend battoning it through firewood out on a frozen creek, in sub zero weather, like I did. But it survived it. Maybe the knife Gods felt sorry for my ignorant/naive ways back then.

factory done? not that I've seen....

sure someone has removed the coating on their own though......
I saw someone selling it. I was about to buy it, but it seemed strange that it was uncoated. It certainly doesn't appear to have been removed. I think it's fake thank you.

I saw someone selling it. I was about to buy it, but it seemed strange that it was uncoated. It certainly doesn't appear to have been removed. I think it's fake thank you.
I dont know without seeing it, but certain chemicals will take off the coating without marks and abrasion....seen it before. all you'd see is the factory production marks before it was coated. unless someone put effort into finishing it a certain way.

Back