Lefty Weiland Hornet..

Lefty Weiland Hornet..
thanks to a fellow lefty forum member i am the proud owner of this hawkbill from the father of hawkbills...the HORNET!
guess what...it is a LEFTY!
small enough for EDC..but butter smooth opening and wicked looking blade makes it FEEL bigger than it is..too cool

Attachments

• hornet1.jpg
    hornet1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 198
That's gorgeous! I was so tempted by it when I saw it up for sale but I just couldn't swing it. Reese is amazing. I love those overlays. Enjoy it!

Zero

the overlays are a mastadon with plenty of blues, greens and grays..mitch was not lying .this thing is MINT...the blade is thick and it is built like a tank...the blade is only 3 1/4 inches..but, it has the feel of being much bigger.!

Underdog, nice knife. I saw a pic of that and if I was a southpaw, I would have been even more interested.

thanks,
didn't know how i would like it..as i have never had such a radical hawkbill...it fits in my pocket PERFECTLY..rides VERY LOW and is smooth as butter in opening..it is build like a tank...was not sure how the overlay would work with the other side being flat..but it all works perfectly..with a 3 1/4 inch blade..it feels soooo much bigger

I had the chance to visit Reese last weekend, THANKS Mr. Doggett :)
Seeing his shop and work in progress was NICE!! Getting to handle one of his VERY high end, hidden scale release Gamblers BLEW ME AWAY !!!

I've owned and carried one of his Wasp models for over a year now. YES EDC!! I'm a Hawkbill NUT ;) It's still rock solid and good as new.

Neil

Took me a second there to figure out "mirror image" ;)

Again, very nice. Coud even make it as a dressy folder.

Zero

Back