Length of Blades on Swisstools?

Leatherman whore here, but interested in picking up a Swisstool (probably a Spirit). I'd like to try one out. What's the length on the knife blade? 2.5" is often a limit for me... enough that I place this limit on my EDC. From the picture and specs it looks like it would be borderline on the Spirit. I imagine the full-size Swisstools are longer than 2.5". What about the saw blade length? Not certain if the saw falls under the laws / regulations or not.

Thanks in advance.

Spirit blade is 2 7/8". Saw is 2 5/8". I'm not aware of any laws that prohibit saws of any size. Fullsize SwissTool blade is 2 5/8" and saw is 2 7/8".

kmcrawford111 said:
Leatherman whore here, but interested in picking up a Swisstool (probably a Spirit). I'd like to try one out. What's the length on the knife blade? 2.5" is often a limit for me... enough that I place this limit on my EDC. From the picture and specs it looks like it would be borderline on the Spirit. I imagine the full-size Swisstools are longer than 2.5". What about the saw blade length? Not certain if the saw falls under the laws / regulations or not.

Thanks in advance.

If your concern is local restrictions on pocketknives, I don't think you have anything to worry about with multi-tool blades exceeding them by much. Police can tell the difference between tools and potential weapons and are rarely concerned with the strict letter of the law governing these things.
As hard as it may be to believe sometimes, common sense seems to be the way things run most of the time.

felinevet said:
Spirit blade is 2 7/8". Fullsize SwissTool blade is 2 5/8".

Hello Tim,

Interesting info.

So the ST Spirit's blade is really actually longer than those on the regular STs (even though the blade is "pointless")? All the while, I thought that the regular STs had longer knife blades at least. =)

Back