Let’s talk hot weather fishing clothes

myright

Gold Member
Ive been looking more and more into getting a long sleeve moisture wicking, cooling, SPF type shirt from Columbia, Simms, etc. I have always fished in just a T-shirt, on extremely hot days an under armour shirt. 99% of the time I fish in jeans because I bank fish and want to keep the bugs off.

Who is using long sleeve shirts? What kind are you using? Any value in a hoodie on hot days?

I sometimes fish from the beach and a pier and can certainly see the value in those settings.

While we are at it, how about pants?

Thanks fellas!

I've been wearing Columbia PFG (performance fishing gear) clothing for years down here in Florida; check out their website for styles of clothing available.

Go to a salvation army etc used clothing store and get some out of fashion long sleeve silk dress shirts

You get the same performance as a high priced fancy tech shirt for a few dollars

25 years of doing this and works great, my wife wears them too after complaining but tried out

Only need to sunscreen face and hands

Ive been looking more and more into getting a long sleeve moisture wicking, cooling, SPF type shirt from Columbia, Simms, etc. I have always fished in just a T-shirt, on extremely hot days an under armour shirt. 99% of the time I fish in jeans because I bank fish and want to keep the bugs off.

Who is using long sleeve shirts? What kind are you using? Any value in a hoodie on hot days?

I sometimes fish from the beach and a pier and can certainly see the value in those settings.

While we are at it, how about pants?

Thanks fellas!

You saw the bumper sticker.
Simple
Unknown.png

Go to a salvation army etc used clothing store and get some out of fashion long sleeve silk dress shirts

You get the same performance as a high priced fancy tech shirt for a few dollars

25 years of doing this and works great, my wife wears them too after complaining but tried out

I have this vision of fishing in a komono. Lol

Thinking outside the box, I love it!

Even the long sleeve white cotton dress shirts fro S.A. work well in this situation. With a good sun hat of course. Mine is a Broner. I have some of the PFG shirts also and they work well but stay away from any fire or sparks.They hole quick.--KV

Hard to beat HUK long sleeve, a more value option is Academy's Magellan "mens casting moisture management". Always a hat, a hoodie would be too claustrophobic but I see folks wearing them

Back