Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I picked up this Hess a few weeks ago for $20.

7KVkWkP.jpg

WOW Randy, $20.00!!! what a fantastic deal. I'd save money paying for gas there and back to come shop with you my friend:D I have to find time to post a picture of a wonderful Hess gifted me by my friend Duncan. It opened my eyes to the quality Hess is:thumbup:

Bloefield, those Schrade Bowie Hunters are ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!! The sheaths and knives are pristine:thumbup:

Took this Blackjack Model 125 in leather and A2 to the Big Island of Hawaii for a three day safari. This big, tough knife worked beautifully for popping the joints when quartering out my game. It didn't take a lot of patina either, considering we hunted in the rain forest at 6,000 ft elevation, as well as skinning and quartering three animals.

125_leather_zpsn475i201.jpg~original

Nice knives, boys. Love those "JC Higgins" (Schrade) Bowies. I like the "understated" knives. (Knives of purpose, instead of show). Utilitarianism is it's own reward.

Just received these three from my grandmother. They were my grandfather's before he died.All with sheaths. A Queen, a Buffalo Soligen brand and a Premier Lifetime brand from Germany.

The knife that is second from the bottom is unknown and certainly seems older than the others. No discernable markings on the sheath or knife itself. Any information would be extremely appreciated.

20160611_170620_zpssoyqx9vt.jpg

The third one Sir looks like an Imperial Bowie/Hunter knife. Made in the good Ol USA.

The other two Buffalo and Premier are both Merchant/ Importer marks - I have owned both and the two Solingens were most likely made by Linder - or more likely Anton Wingen Jr. both of these Solingen Cutlery firms made literally thousands of these knives that were stamped the Importers names.

Most were a generic style like your two- with small styling changes- " Buffalo Skinners" etc.
Your sheaths probably will be very similar to each other with a Deer embossed on the front?

I can't see properly but the Carbon bladed models of these knives are harder to find compared to the Stainless so if there Carbon - Nice!
Both German knives are from the 60's some of the earlier Carbon ones like F.A.Bower are a good find and usually hail from a slightly earlier time.
The Imperial was also from this era- but others who know more will help you with that.

Wow! Granddads treasures!

The sheaths are all very similar, yes. The top three are all carbon steel with only the Queen being stainless steel.

Thanks for the information! It certainly gives me some direction with that third one. More research to do. Grandpa's treasures are the best treasures.

[video=youtube;InFkexsCjg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InFkexsCjg8[/video]

Some great-looking knives in this thread :thumbup:

Back