Lets see your paracord wrapped Izula!

My new Izula and first wrap!
Izula1.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, cool idea for a photo Ghost.

Photoshop out that little incision at the bottom of the blade... personally I think it would make the photo even cooler.

@ Dizwolf: wow that looks mighty cool! where did you get that 550 (?) cord? and how do you guys get the knot to disappear? (or is it just on the other side?) :confused:

Sorry for the huge photo, to show knot detail a few of these are visible. The top two have been melted and pressed flat. The gray and blue one is cut but not yet melted. That GID cord is pretty slick :). I haven't gotten it to glow that bright for long. Needs some time in the sunlight, but the idea is cool.

5270609928_e0728768df_b.jpg

man you're fast! thanks for enlightening me :thumbup: - and yes glow-in-the-dark paracord IS a great idea! never saw it before (at least glowing like that!)
nice izzy collection there by the way! but i think you're missing the pink one ;)...

Wow, these wraps are really cool. Kind of reminds me of a number of very old Japanese samurai sword handle wraps that were on display at a local Japanese heritage museum.

I've got an itch to order an Izula just to try my hand at making a cool wrap. I notice that there are a few links to youtube how-to para-wrap articles peppered throughout this thread. Hm...

haven't seen this color combo yet I think it looks nice let me know what you think

2010-11-02162044.jpg
[/IMG]
2010-11-02155847.jpg
[/IMG]​

I've got a question, I like a nice clean wrap and I'd like to keep the hole unwrapped, so how do you finish the wrap in this manner?

Anybody point me towards a tutorial?

I have a OD izula on the way and never planned on wrapping because I like the flat/concealed look and am terrible with knots but these wraps are making me change my mind.. where do you guys get your cord online

I just used the para cord that came with my Izzy. I'm horrible with knots and such too, but I thought mine turned out pretty good. You might surprise yourself with how well it turns out. :thumbup:

Hey everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster here. I figured it was about time I joined the forum. Here's a few pics of my newly wrapped Izula. It's wrapped in old shoelace instead of paracord but I figured I'd post it anyway, hope that's all right. Sorry for the crappy quality, I took the pictures with my cell phone camera.
Izula1.jpg

Izula2.jpg

Izula3.jpg

edit: Huh, can anyone see those? I'm getting those annoying red x boxes. Are images from Flickr not allowed? edit2: All right, now I'm trying photobucket.

Last edited:
IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/59912931@N03/5472664659/in/photostream/[/IMG]

Huh, can anyone see those? I'm getting those annoying red x boxes. Are images from Flickr not allowed?

Your flickr is set to private, and you can't grab the URL to embed them. gotta right click through until it lets you grab the image location directly (usually after picking a size)
it'll look like "http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5019/5471843595_071493906a_z.jpg"

Ahhhh, all right. Thanks!
I just switched over from imageshack after some problems so I'm not used to Flickr yet. Anyway, I uploaded the pics again with Photobucket.

edit: Heh, I imagine the ethereal effect would be because my cell phone is so ancient. Thanks, I love the two tone look as well

Back