Let's see your W.A. Surls Knife!

I think that for an all around good feel in use and in fondling, the Patriot is currently my favorite WAS. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have not had an opportunity to put them through a hard workout. But I will be surprised if the Patriot does not come out near the top after doing so.

Got my first WAS knife today from Allen at the Georgia guild meeting. Allen and I have been wanting a knife from each other so I traded one of my hunters for this awesome little shortmuck. Hope that you like your hunter as much as I like this shortmuck Allen!

Not mine .. but it was too nice of a picture not to share. :)

WAS_cuda_1.jpg

Again .. not mine. It was here getting some pants. The "Shark"

WAS_shark_1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Shark is mine...

Got her today. Posted a review along with a review of the JouFuu sheath. They both are stunning! I threw in the FF Bushfinger for size comparison.

That is a wonderful looking WAS. You do love the BEB! Allen makes a great knife.

Preston

Christmas in September from the guys in Georgia. Since this is Allen's forum we'll focus on some of those.

20140918_190413_zps4209f2f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After I tore everything open and took in all in.

20140918_191616_zps46c08a9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A slightly closer shot of the haul.

20140918_191639_zpse2e42f07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And now to some of the knives. First up, the first Revere. The last time I "saw" this knife was before shaping and didn't look like much. But now, wow! What a beauty. The green on this baby just pops. The combinations of the synthetic bolsters with wood scales continues to blow me away. Sweet little knife. Allen, well done my friend.

20140918_203808_zps22ac06fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spine shot.

20140918_203813_zps742d6ab2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In hand.

20140918_203825_zps1ff2674b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And now the premier of the first edition Bison. Some of you may have seen a preview but here it is. And I must say it is amazing! This baby is big and beautiful. Handle ergonomics are dead on, almost disappears in my hand. For a big knife she is remarkably agile and light in the hand (tapered does help!)

20140918_203852_zpse8ae1515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spine shot. Her scales, liners, pins and spine work match a few others I have currently visiting Rick Lowe.

20140918_203903_zpsec9a99d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice taper on that tang..

20140918_203914_zpsa6083385.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In hand, could cuddle her all night (yes I said cuddle)

20140918_203921_zps5ec38193.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Look at that spalting! Just amazing.

20140918_203929_zpsa532efc9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I now have about a dozen of Allen's knives and could not be happier. With each one I get I am more and more impressed. He continues to outdo himself and has a fan, proud supporter and friend ready to rave about his work. If you haven't gotten your hands on one of his knives yet get one now before the feeding frenzy begins! And of course guys, if you have any questions or want some comparison shots with a Fiddleback let me know.
Be well....

Bill,
Great write up and pictures, can't wait to see more. I own a few WAS knives and Allen is an artist and craftsman who is coming into his own.
Love the Bison, from the taper to the spine filing to the mosaic!!! Goodness gracious!!! I hope there is one that sweet in my future. Congrats to you sir.

Preston

Thanks Preston. I have nothin bad to say about Allen or his knives,..nothing but good things that is. That Bison definitely turned out to be a special one, he really knocked that sucka out of the park. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to whip one up for you.

Not mine .. but too pretty for me to not photograph while it was here. Simply gorgeous knife! The ergonomics are incredible.
Everyone who's stopped by the house for the past couple days, I let them hold it - every time .. "WOW" like it was a surprise how good it feels in hand.

WAS Bison - Stainless, tapered, file work on spine, Box Elder Burl 'Lava' wood handles .... Boom went the dynamite.

Bison_3.jpg

Bison_1.jpg

Bison_2.jpg

Bud - Nice work on the leather. I think Allen set the bar pretty high for himself with this Bison.
They look great together.

Preston

Great looking knife, great looking sheath, go very well together. I personally am still partial to mine ..:D

Not mine .. but too pretty for me to not photograph while it was here. Simply gorgeous knife! The ergonomics are incredible.
Everyone who's stopped by the house for the past couple days, I let them hold it - every time .. "WOW" like it was a surprise how good it feels in hand.

WAS Bison - Stainless, tapered, file work on spine, Box Elder Burl 'Lava' wood handles .... Boom went the dynamite.

Bison_3.jpg

Bison_1.jpg

Bison_2.jpg

Damn Bud killer job. Very fitting for the knife.

Glad you like it Rob .. gonna look great swinging from your hip at Blade 2015! ;)

Back