Let's talk alcohol and tobacco...

for cigars, Cuban is the only way to go. i stocked up on Cohiba Esplendidos and Montecristo #4 when i was down there. not cheap even in Cuba but still worth the coin. by far the best smoke i'v ever had was the Romeo y Julieta Churchill. when i get the craving but don't really want to dip into the humidor, Guantanamera cigars are cheap and pretty damn good.

as for the hooch,i'm a beer drinker 90% of the time. you just can't beat a Canadian beer. but for the other 10%, most of the time it's rye or whiskey. i have a bottle of 18 year old wisers, good stuff that was fairly cheap. there is also a bottle of 8 year old Canadian club that was aged in sherry barrels sitting on the shelf, it's just begging to be drank. that covers the top end, still waiting to make the big bucks and get a bottle of johnny walker blue. most of the time it's crown royal, alberta premium, 40 creek or plain old wisers

No tobacco, but I just might have tasted every single single malt available since about 1977.

Maybe.:) I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, though.:D

I've found myself turning to the old reliables & some new stuff this yr.. A good ale and a stogie.
Ale Favorites: NewCastle, Bass, Bellhaven / Murphys, Sierra Nevada, North Coast Brewery, New Belgium, Widmere Brothers Reserve Brrrbon, Brewery Ommegang (Anything) to name a few..
Stogies: Monticristo, Liga Privada, Don Pepin My Father, CAO Brazilia/ Italia, GRAYCLIFF(Any), Tatuaje The Face.

For Christmas my girl got me a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2000. Fantastic stuff for a decent price (I know she won't spend more than 30 bucks on a bottle of hooch). Very good stuff.

Not into the death sticks at all, but I enjoy a bit 'o Scotch and some sipping Tequila.
Oban 14, Glenlivet 12, Macallan 10, Herencia de Plata, and Cabo Wabo are some recents.

Here's part of my Xmas haul. My wonderful wife got me a new cigar caddy that holds 30 and stocked it up. Also got me a bottle of "nectar o' the gods". Gooooood wifey.

Xmas1a.jpg

Xmas2a.jpg

Xmas3a.jpg

Dylan
Nice selection Bro... I can't say anything about the PDR. The CAO Brazilia, Kristoff, and Mac Maduros are very nice.. If you get a chance give the Graycliff Chateau Grand Cru a try. If you cant find it, let me know and I may be able to send one your way..

YKW
(Larry)

Dylan
Nice selection Bro... I can't say anything about the PDR. The CAO Brazilia, Kristoff, and Mac Maduros are very nice.. If you get a chance give the Graycliff Chateau Grand Cru a try. If you cant find it, let me know and I may be able to send one your way..

YKW
(Larry)

Right on Larry. I'll give one a try. I've got a few stores around here that collectively give me a pretty good selection, so hopefully one of them carry it.

For me it's hard to beat a Punch Maduro Presidente. I like bourbon if I'm going to drink and my favorites are Buffalo Trace and Bulliet Bourbon.

Nice.

Tonight, I took a little bit of a detour from the single malts. A couple of friends of mine gave me this bottle for Xmas. Came with two pretty knifty shot/sippy glasses. I'd never tried this stuff before. I'm normally not much for liqueurs, but this stuff is pretty good. It's a bit on the sweet side, but has a decent kick to it. The amount I've already knocked out has managed to do a good job. lol

alcohol1.jpg

alcohol2.jpg

alcohol3.jpg

In addition, my mom got me a bottle of this Vodka. I've read some about this stuff. This is Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka. The skull is all frosty from it being in the freezer. As far as vodkas go, it's fine and dandy. Not too shabby at all. I can tell ya this much. This bottle would make a pretty killer bong. ...not that I'm into that kind of stuff. Just saying.

alcohol4.jpg

alcohol5.jpg

I'll have to try that stuff out. I wonder if my usual liquastow carries it.

A nice bottle of Jameson or Some Bushmills 10 yr. That coupled with a big ole pinch of Cope. Sry not a cigar guy.

I have been on a NUB kick lately, but just about any maduro around 54 ring will work for me... Indian tabac super fuerte's aren't bad for the price.

Honestly, I am more a pipe smoker than cigars - for the price of 1 stick I can get a 50g tin of good pipe tobacco. I like Balkans and latakia heavy blends.

If I get to pick, I'll take a pipe full of 1792 and a Macallan 12 Rob Roy, perfect with a twist.

Speaking of Rob Roys... funny story.

When I was a much younger person, I had a night of partying that involved WAY too much alcohol. This occurred on a night that was supposed to have me at home, sick in bed. That was the story my girlfriend at the time got and my excuse for not answering the phone all night. The next day, she wanted to have lunch with me (breakfast by my clock) and I thought I was doing a pretty good job of not acting still drunk, hungover, etc. Well, I felt like absolute crap and was fighting the nausea as best I could. I thought, "man...some gingerale or sprite would be great right now." Thinking I had just found a way to put off puking a little bit longer, I asked the waitress for a ROY ROGERS. (for you youngsters, a Roy Rogers is the boy version of a Shirley Temple) Somehow, the waitress must have gotten confused and blurted out the name of the then popular new movie "Rob Roy" to the bartender, thinking that was what I said. IT WASN'T. She brought that gigantic glass of stinky booze over and sat it down right in front of me. I almost managed to get all of my barf in that one glass. The one good thing to come out of this.... my girlfriend no longer questioned my level of sickness. She took good care of her sick baby for the rest of the night. ....and I was definitely milking that shit. lol. I mean come on. How often does guilt work out that well?

I don't care to much for cigars, but if I'm going to smoke one I will smoke a black&mild.My favorite liquor is Crown Royal, and Wisers canadien whiskey .

Montecristo's and Glenfiddich.

Of course, I like to try as much as I can in both categories. I wander around from bourbon to bourbon...spent a lot of time with knob creek, makers, etc. I probably spend as much time trying different wines. Such an astounding variety there.

I don't possess the proper vocabulary for it, but I tend to like bold, peppery cigars.

Back