LIFE WARRANTY? how does it work?

all right I have a few questions related to our rat knives...

1.does the warranty cover second or third owner?
2.does it cover even if its the owner's fault(heavy use, wear down due to years of use. etc)?

thanks for helping:)

The warranty is written not by laywers but by the user. It doesn't matter who bought it, when they bought it or how they use it!:D If you feel the knife failed send it back! No B.S., No double talk. The hardest thing will be finding a way to break it:D :D

yeah thanks for clearing it up...I thought so too, but was a bit worried about being a second owner. Oh well time to give it a little love :D

Lionken,
That's right, no need to worry about having a receipt, how many owners there have been, where you bought it, how much you've used it. (as long as you don't intentionally break it, like using a pipe to see how much it takes to break it, or cut it into with a torch) It is covered. Just send the piece or pieces in and we will take care of it. :D:D

not even a receipt?? wow! talk about confidence...

Now if only my battle rat can get here sooner...(so I can give some love to her too):D

I know I do mine. Can't stop playing with it :D . Taking it with me for my camping trip in June, to put to good use... :D :D :D

-Mark

It's a "Write your own Warrenty" right?? So if I were to wear the coating off of one, can I send it in to be recoated??? :D

The warranty seems to me to be the old fashioned handshake style that actually works on trust, honor, and dignity. It suprises me that so many of us don't seem to understand that. I have forgotten some of these things in business myself. Thanks to Eric and many of the others here, I have a new view on how to view a product- that a warranty is not just an excuse for a company to quickly pass an overpriced product to a customer, but in the case of Eric and some of the other people here, it is an "extended quality", not only of a great product for a more than reasonable price, but a quality of humaness as well.
I came to this site originally to get a brown knife. Now, even before I recieve it, I am going to actually appreciate it. Thanks to all of you for making me a little less jaded, and for increasing my knowledge and interest in Knives.

Originally posted by TheBadGuy
It's a "Write your own Warrenty" right?? So if I were to wear the coating off of one, can I send it in to be recoated??? :D

Do you know how tough the coating is to wear off on these knives? I'd say get a Swamp Rat and cross that bridge when (if) you come to it. :D

Back