Light for mini kit???

I currently use a UK 2AAA (which replaced my Solitaire) for my mini kit. I'm thinking about possibly replacing it with a white Photon II. Has anyone compared the two? Anyone recommend one over the other?

FWIW, I do have a blue Photon II that really lights up a dark room, but I have no experience with the white. My UK tends to give off decent light, but I am concerned with the burn time of the AAA batteries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Squid,

I've used and sold all colors of the Photon. My personal favorite(s) are the blue and turquoise. I personally don't care for the white light, I can't figure it out, but there is just something weird about it (I still carry a white Photon in my survival pack). The output of the Photon's are not as great as the UK 2 AAA, but for it's size it's still very impressive. The batteries in the Photon will outlast the AAA's. Hope this helps.

Squid, the UKE 2AAA produces a bigger beam it's better then a 2AA Maglite drawback compared to a Photon II is it burns only a few hours while the Photon II runs many many hours longer.
Mister Photon himself, Walt Welch MD, send me some Photons for our Scoutingclub and he included what he called SUPER Photon's this being a Green Photon II running on 2 3V lithium cells (2x CR2016) instead of 1 3v CR2032 cell.
I can recommend this to anyone for it's size/weight it's the brightest light I've ever seen.

Cheers, Bagheera

Back