Limited Edition Aviator or Mark VI?

Looking to score my first Chris Reeve knife.

I like the aviator design but find it kind of small and am not crazy about the sheath. I like the Mark VI because of the size and sheath, but miss the saw on the spine. Just when the perfect knife for my desired form factor and functionality appears, it is a limited edition (possibly collectable) run. This really sucks, because I would use knife and negate the extra money spent for it's collectability.

Should I shell out an extra $70 over the Mark VI and get the Limited Edition Aviator?

I am going to set up the knife as a survival knife. Meaning I am going to stash matches, fishing line and hook, compass, cotton balls in the handle. I think the 5.5" blade is a perfect size for comfortable wear.

Thanks for your opinions.

After you have had your CRK for a while you will realize it was meant to be used.Get the one you want and start cutting.I have a Mountaineer II that is 5.5" and I use it regullarly.To me it is the perfect size for most uses.I to like the sawback edge on the new 5.5" Aviator.You only have to spend the money once if you get the one you want to begin with.Buy it and you won't be sorry.These are the toughest knife I have used.Also excellant quality and costumer service.

My wife has used an Aviator for about 4 years. Doing everything from field dressing deer to small camp chores. A great sized fixed blade for the field. The sheath seems to work real well. I've only ever sent it back to Chris once for a recoating job, had em sharpen it back up as well. This knife gets a lot of use. You won't be disappointed.

You may want to check out the new Green Beret knife as well! Good luck.:)

Back