Lion steel steak knives

Just got em. They are decent. Wish they were full tang and a better steel but they do the trick. They are very comfortable to use.

iYsrWlk.jpg

You batonning with your steak knives much? They are handsome little knives. What type of steel are they just for curiosity? Most steak knives are not sharp at all and more rip the steak than cut it.

Did you ever end up taking a look at the Extrema Ratio steak knives?

You batonning with your steak knives much? They are handsome little knives. What type of steel are they just for curiosity? Most steak knives are not sharp at all and more rip the steak than cut it.

Did you ever end up taking a look at the Extrema Ratio steak knives?

I did, they were too Extrema for me, haha. These are sharp. They cut through paper pretty easy. I believe the steel is W.1.4116.

Lol the Extrema steak knives look like they would be home at either the swankiest of nouveau modern restaurants, or right in the hand of an assassin. The Lion Steel knives definitely have a warmer and more classic look.

I did, they were too Extrema for me, haha. These are sharp. They cut through paper pretty easy. I believe the steel is W.1.4116.
That's not a bad steel for the intended purpose. It's similar to if not the exact same steel used by Zwilling and Wusthof in their kitchen knives.

Cutting on a plate is going to dull any knife. For that use, I prefer a moderately soft steel that I can quickly touch up using just a honing steel rod or a strop so it is sharp and ready for next time. So those should be fine for that.

I've used the Boker (Argentinian) Steak knives for 20 years and love them. Slice steak not shred it.

Shredding the steak must sort of tenderize it though. I have heard other people say that shredding the steak somehow ruins it. My taste is not refined enough to notice much difference to be honest. However as a knife fool (aficionado) I do like it when my knives cut.

Back