lionsteel Customer service?

I've been trying to get ahold of some one from Lionsteel to get some screw for my Dagetta and I have not gotten any answer is there an issue with the email

How to buy a knife lion steel m2... , if I live in Ukraine, Kiev . Is there an official dealer ? Thank U.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread ; I bought a LionSteel M4 with a defective grind (asymmetric blade, cannot be sharpened to true shape), I sent an email at service@lionsteel.it ... and, 5 days later, no answer.

Right now, this is the WORST experience I had with any costomer service & warranty regarding knife purchases. It doesn't compare with Leatherman's warranty (after 12 years, lacking papers to legitimate myself as the original owner, I got new Wave and SuperTool 300 models as replacements for broken ones, no questions asked !) - because, in my case, LIONSTEEL DOES NOT HAVE A WARRANTY ; There are letters, and words, and sentences on their web page stating they have a warranty and customer servive, but that is not the case. For me, the experience as a Lionsteel buyer is similar with that of buying a chinese fake/clone - you have no real warranty.

You either get a good product, or you get a defective one - WITH LIONSTEEL, IT IS A LOTTERY, and you never know what you'll get. If it is a blemished sample, you're just out of luck.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread ; I bought a LionSteel M4 with a defective grind (asymmetric blade, cannot be sharpened to true shape), I sent an email at service@lionsteel.it ... and, 5 days later, no answer.

Right now, this is the WORST experience I had with any costomer service & warranty regarding knife purchases. It doesn't compare with Leatherman's warranty (after 12 years, lacking papers to legitimate myself as the original owner, I got new Wave and SuperTool 300 models as replacements for broken ones, no questions asked !) - because, in my case, LIONSTEEL DOES NOT HAVE A WARRANTY ; There are letters, and words, and sentences on their web page stating they have a warranty and customer servive, but that is not the case. For me, the experience as a Lionsteel buyer is similar with that of buying a chinese fake/clone - you have no real warranty.

You either get a good product, or you get a defective one - WITH LIONSTEEL, IT IS A LOTTERY, and you never know what you'll get. If it is a blemished sample, you're just out of luck.

I am a bit confused. Are you saying they don't have a warranty due to them not promptly responding to your email?

Is this a one-off issue or have you experienced the same with them before?

Also how bad is this asymmetric blade? What do you mean exactly? Do you mean the edge bevel is off, or domething else? Pictures would help.

From the way I read your post, it looks like you're making some fairly extreme accusations based on a single incident of potentially slow customer service response.

Yes, this is a one-off thing and yes, I stated they don't have a real warranty because they didn't answered my emails for 5 days now (should I wait 6 months ?).

In the case of how bad the asymmetry is, here is a link of another thread I posted to : http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-lionsteel-knife-m4.1403725/page-6 .

It is not bad in the sense that it cannot be used, but it is noticeable and visually unsettling. You'll find pictures in the link provided.

Can it be a case of a single incident and a slow customer service response ? I HOPE IT IS. I am man enough to post updates and admit if I made a mistake, if proven I was wrong.

I would also provide proof (with screenshots of my email inbox, papers from Lamnia regarding the date of purchase and ownership of the knife) for my statements, or any kind of info to back up my claims. I am a police officer in my country (Romania) and I cherish the truth.

I admit I am biased/subjective on the matter as I had great expectations from LionSteel and paid what it is, in my country, the equivalent of 1/2 of the minimum wage...

LATER EDIT : Just received an answer from them (at the second mail) :

Last edited:
LATER EDIT : Long story short, I sent back the knife to LionSteel in Maniago, Italy and they replaced it. I only had to pay for shipping there, and they sent back a new one (by FedEx International Priority - and that I find amazing, as it took just 3 days, all on their expense !).

So...I must apologize to LionSteel. Their warranty works. They are still not the best to chat with (they take a loooooooooooooooong time to reply an email) but they are reasonable and make amends to satisfy their customers.

LATER EDIT : Long story short, I sent back the knife to LionSteel in Maniago, Italy and they replaced it. I only had to pay for shipping there, and they sent back a new one (by FedEx International Priority - and that I find amazing, as it took just 3 days, all on their expense !).

So...I must apologize to LionSteel. Their warranty works. They are still not the best to chat with (they take a loooooooooooooooong time to reply an email) but they are reasonable and make amends to satisfy their customers.

I am glad it ended well :)
Delays in communication can be frustrating as hell. The way I see it, the outcome can make it all worth it...sometimes. I am relieved that in the end LionSteel lived up to their reputation and came through :)

I know they were moving to a new location and that was a big undertaking, most likely effected their ability to provide customer service.

Hopefully they get back on their feet soon so they can start responding to people in a reasonable time frame.

Back