Lionsteel SR-1A adjustment tool

I'm acquiring my first Lionsteel and I can't find the adjustment tool on the website as my knife will not come with one. Does anybody know where I can obtain one or how to make one? I'm mainly needing it for clip adjustment. Any help from BladeForums members would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Be seeing you, Arick

Last edited:
I've emailed LionSteel twice in the last two weeks asking how to get a replacement pivot tool. They haven't graced me with a response.

I'm kind of pissed of that they can't even be arsed to answer a customer email. :/

Well I got my answer today and it's not good unless you feel like being hosed for €18 for something that's made on par with the quality of a free bottle opener with a six-pack of beer in the 1960's.

Check out the email I kinda know what I'm going to do with my knife now.

Screenshot_20170420-174637.jpg

I assume you are getting your SR1 second hand because I believe all the new ones come with a tool. If you look at the bolt that holds the clip on you will see it can be turned with some thin needle nose pliers. Just put a cloth like the one that comes from Chris Reeve between the pliers and the bolt if you want to prevent scratches. If you can find a needle nose pliers with tines thin enough that they can sort of fit in the grooves of the bolt they will work quite well. Fortunately the pivot screw on the SR1 can be adjusted with a regular torx wrench.

Oh by the way if the bolt is too tight and the method I mentioned above is not working try wrapping a little bit of rubber band around the clip bolt and pinching the bolt horizontally with some stronger pliers.

Back