Lionsteel TM1 (SRX)

flash900

Platinum Member
What is the SRX model?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any photos of this model out there?

No pictures that I've seen.

I saw the mention of the LionSteel SR-X on the Molletta Knives website (Molletta is the nickname of Michele Pensato who is one of the designers at LionSteel who designed the SR-1 & SR-2 amongst other designs):

http://www.mollettaknives.com/progetti/lionsteel-sr-x.html

In English it kind of says:

LionSteel SR-X

The successor to the SR-1 is going through its growth path. Somewhat 'a bit' different from the first SR, smaller ...

The SR-1 and 'born more' than anything else as a technology demonstrator that 'served as the basis for the development of other projects.

The result, the SR-X, will incorporate significant improvements in various areas.

Updates soon.​

There's no date on when that was posted.

No pictures that I've seen.

I saw the mention of the LionSteel SR-X on the Molletta Knives website (Molletta is the nickname of Michele Pensato who is one of the designers at LionSteel who designed the SR-1 & SR-2 amongst other designs):

http://www.mollettaknives.com/progetti/lionsteel-sr-x.html

In English it kind of says:

LionSteel SR-X

The successor to the SR-1 is going through its growth path. Somewhat 'a bit' different from the first SR, smaller ...

The SR-1 and 'born more' than anything else as a technology demonstrator that 'served as the basis for the development of other projects.

The result, the SR-X, will incorporate significant improvements in various areas.

Updates soon.​

There's no date on when that was posted.

Excellent, you always seem to know the answer RamZar! The translation is pretty spot on if my Italian still serves me.

Well I'll be looking forward to pictures in the future (not too distant I hope).

I wonder if any of those improvements were incorporated into the new SR2.

I wonder if any of those improvements were incorporated into the new SR2.

There are no visible enhancements / improvements on the SR-2.

On the DPx Gear HEST/F 2.0 Milspec they changed the RotoBlock and pivot screw so that you don't need the special tool.

On the LionSteel SR1A TNP Limited Edition they went with a clip point bowie blade instead of the standard drop point.

A version with a flipper would be nice.

On the DPx Gear HEST/F 2.0 Milspec they changed the RotoBlock and pivot screw so that you don't need the special tool.

Sounds like an upgrade that every model deserves. Why make the consumer use a proprietary tool?

Sounds like an upgrade that every model deserves. Why make the consumer use a proprietary tool?

LionSteel and MicroTech with their unique screws! At least LionSteel gives you the tool but you can lose it!

They' re planning on making it even better? How?!:confused::D

All I can think of are standard screws and a flipper but they should not discontinue the current versions.

They've done flippers for Dendra Knives and the upcoming DPx Gear HEFT/F will have a flipper as well.

All I can think of are standard screws and a flipper but they should not discontinue the current versions.

They've done flippers for Dendra Knives and the upcoming DPx Gear HEFT/F will have a flipper as well.

I hope they improve the flippers over those of the Dendra knives, mine was a very poor flipper.

I hope they improve the flippers over those of the Dendra knives, mine was a very poor flipper.

I kind of agree but would characterize their flippers as quite decent. Certainly, not like the good ones like ZT 0801 and Spyderco Southard & Domino.

Thinking about it, I' m not a big fan of D2(I have the SR1A) and from what I know, Sleipner seems to be quite similar in terms of corrosion resistance. I' d like to see it in a truly stainless steel. ELMAX would be fantastic, like in the TiSpine.

I really don' t see an issue with the proprietary pivot screw, since they do give you the right tool for it and I can even operate mine with my fingers only - no tool needed. It also looks pretty cool.

What is the point in going to the extra trouble of making a hole just different enough that it requires a special tool? What do you gain by not making it a standard size?

It's like Gillette saying, you must buy our razor replacements and no one else's!

At any rate, I sure can't operate that pivot screw with my hands. The fact that some one person can doesn't excuse the manufacturer's decision.

If I took the SR2 on a long trip, that special tool would have to come, too. Makes no sense, even if they do give you the tool.

The objection to the special tool is exactly why DPx Gear has the HEST/F 2.0 Milspec.

no no... it is not an upgrade of SR1 or SR2.... it will be a new folder. :D

Molletta is too aggressive..... :rolleyes: we still are in this moment over the paper, finalizing all details. After that we will make the first samples.

Molletta is too aggressive..... :rolleyes: we still are in this moment over the paper, finalizing all details. After that we will make the first samples.

That sounds intriguing... :D It's a good thing to have new stuff in the works. :thumbup:

EVan

Back