• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

List of scam sites OR the opposite?

A couple years ago I found out just how common fake knife and gun sites were. It started while looking for a Dan Wesson 1911 and I found one too cheap. THEN, the same started happening with knives - there'd be a model NO ONE had in stock and "XXXXXX" would have it... for less than it should cost.

To be safe, I've just limited myself to about 4 or 5 KNOWN legit sites.

But now, none of those sites have the discontinued Buck GCK Tanto in stock. I have found a site that looks really legit (phone number, etc) but don't wanna end up with clone or the bone. So, am I allowed mention what company it is and ask if anyone knows about them? Or do we have a list of known legit or known scammers?

Thanks.

Have you searched GBU to see if it has been asked already? There are plenty of threads asking the same question there about various site and some on known scam sites.

A couple years ago I found out just how common fake knife and gun sites were. It started while looking for a Dan Wesson 1911 and I found one too cheap. THEN, the same started happening with knives - there'd be a model NO ONE had in stock and "XXXXXX" would have it... for less than it should cost.

To be safe, I've just limited myself to about 4 or 5 KNOWN legit sites.

But now, none of those sites have the discontinued Buck GCK Tanto in stock. I have found a site that looks really legit (phone number, etc) but don't wanna end up with clone or the bone. So, am I allowed mention what company it is and ask if anyone knows about them? Or do we have a list of known legit or known scammers?

Thanks.

Not necessarily a list but several sites to avoid.

Back